The status page says the node is online but misconfigured

I completed setup. The status page says the node is online but misconfigured. I verified with an external website the port is open and visible and it is. I also whitelisted the binaries on my windows server app firewall.

I verified the port forwarding in my router is setup correctly.

What other steps can I take?

Quic connectivity is tested on node start. If by then your network connectivity is not fully up — it will fail the test but it will still work once the network stabilizes.

It’s best to only start node once network is stable.

This is assuming you allow UDP traffic through firewall and otherwise everything else is fine

https://forum.storj.io/search?context=topic&context_id=23471&q=%22Quic%20misconfigured%22&skip_context=true

QUIC is tested on every check-in (every 1h by default) since

@jas If you did Step 4. Configure QUIC - Storj Docs, then please try to refresh a dashboard, it could be related to a not fully ready network on the node’s start.

2 Likes

My network is business grade fibre with an sla. It’s the best there is. No wireless junk either.

Did you try to refresh a dashboard?
And also please check that you forwarded an UDP port and allowed in your firewall. If you a docker version, make sure that your ports are configured properly in your docker run command:

the firewall on router set to NAT only and windows firewall disabled results in offline misconfigured node.

Is this a certificate issue or a firewall issue?

First node?
Just restart the node service. Happens after reboots

Did you follow the links posted and forwarded the port TCP AND UDP?

I rebooted the service via the service manager.

I installed to Bare Metal. Docker wants to charge money in the future for its services.

Is this a step done in powershell command line to restart the node and all related services?

What Docker does is irrelevant. It’s just one company. Your decision on whether to use containers should not hinge on what on for profit commercial company wants to do, especially since you are not even their customer — you have zero sunk cost.

There are a number of OCI compliant solutions.

I recommend podman: running rootless containers with it is a breeze.

1 Like

Storj doesn’t pay me enough to care about this. Either run this node or delete it because it can’t work on my network.

1 Like

That’s the point, you are not supposed to spend too much money/time/resources for storj, and node is not supposed to make you rich quick – it’s designed to provide a small compensation for using resources you are otherwise not using, and would therefore waste; hence any non-zero compensation is pure profit (in addition to an optional “feel good” feeling of contributing to a good project)

If you already had podman/hardware/connectivity then adding storj would have been a 15 min ordeal after which you just get small amount of money consistently monthly.

If it takes hours to setup and maintain (and you are not doing it for fun) that’s definitely not worth it. Starting with windows does not make it simpler either (no offense, but as a former windows user and developer across the kernel and user space I grew to deeply despise this os (and a company too, long story), and don’t mind expressing this any chance I have).

So now it’s offline?
Please do not disable a Windows firewall, instead add 2 inbound rules to allow connections to 28967 TCP and 28967 UDP ports.
Please check everything from this check-list:

I tried to open it in the browser http://<your-external-address>:28967, and your node is definitely offline.
Please make sure that the WAN IP still matches IP from Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

dhcp reservation set. port forwarding was not locked to mac. retrying.

It’s very arrogant of developers to make the setup process so complicated. I should be done by now.