This is a question about the "Misconfigured" error

I think I’ve set everything up correctly, but I don’t understand why an error appears. Is there something I missed?

Screenshot_6

It is the version that is ahead of other nodes, but I wonder if it is because of the version.
Of course, I didn’t update it manually. :slight_smile:

I hope it’s still valid…

It is. It can sometimes report misconfigured when it is fine. If everything else is working Ok, it is safe to ignore it.

2 Likes

Leader thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Old thread on this issue:

You may get rid of this error by specifying the interface IP to listen to explicitly in the config file, like so:

This consistently helps me avoid the issue on FreeBSD. YMMV.

2 Likes

As soon as I specified server.adress, it was OK. thank you! :hugs:

The reason the version changed is because of my mood

1 Like

Whoa, it’s good to know that this trickery also helps on Synology!

2 Likes

What’s your run command? Do you use the defaut network bridge mode, or host mode?
I did what AR suggests, but I can’t remember what was the result… so many tests…

I wrote my local address below in config.yml.

# allows configuration to enable, disable, or test retain requests from the satellite. Options: (disabled/enabled/debug)
# retain.status: enabled

# public address to listen on
server.address: 172.30.1.3:28967
1 Like

There must be a mistake. It’s 1.30 maybe? Not 1.3.0?

1 Like

I wrote it wrong at the end. I modified it. It’s a local IP! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also the leading colon is not needed

should be

# public address to listen on
server.address: 172.30.1.3:28967

I even not sure how the first colon would be processed with followed IP and port.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s right. I think I kept making typos while writing to hide my local ID :sleepy:

1 Like

If you want to hide the local IP, you can use 192.168.1.X. It’s the european standard for local networks. And US maybe… For WAN, you can post it as 300.300.300.300, if you want to explain something.

2 Likes

This is good information for someone like me who doesn’t know much about computers! thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes