Token and Identity

true if running a node with docker, but won’t help if the user is actually using the Windows GUI

1 Like

are you turning off the old node? Otherwise, removing the old identity will make your original node go offline

I copied it to different location and using it form there, hope I am right…

that is my startingcommand for docker:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -e WALLET=“0x8249A0a1c220412cA67b18d0971ed98774a286E2” -e EMAIL="mcarny@outlook.com" -e ADDRESS=“majkls33.ddns.net:28967” -e BANDWIDTH=“100TB” -e STORAGE=“1,2TB” --mount type=bind,source=“R:\Storj\Identity\storagenode”,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=“R:\Storj\03_Storj”,destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:alpha

definitely I don’t want to end my storagenode, just add 1 more …

You need to use a different port for your second node. Also, change --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:alpha to --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta on both nodes and use normal quotes instead of curly ones on all your parameters. Be careful what editor you use when changing your config, please only use Notepad++ not the regular Notepad. Apparently also you used a comma in the STORAGE=“1,2TB” where you should have used a decimal point STORAGE="1.2TB"

This is exact for GUI version not docker

You cannot run multiple nodes now with the Windows GUI. So your instructions would not help in that case.

First, of all, He didnt asked to how to make more than 1 node on wingows GUI, question was how to generate second indentity.
And Second thing I have 5 Nodes on Windows GUI version on 1 PC, 1 windows and all working fine.

You can also just run the command with a different name.
Example:
identity_windows_amd64.exe create storagenode2

2 Likes

How long does it take to get a token?

Tokens get sent out in the first two weeks of every month. You should be expecting them soon! :slight_smile:

Is that information written somewhere?
I’ve been looking for a while now.
Ended up requesting a second one thinking it got lost in junkmail.

I also recommend reading the whole grey box on this page.

https://storj.io/storage-node-estimator/

Oh, not those. I meant Authorization tokens.
How long does it take to get one after submitting the email.

1 Like

Almost immediately. Just use Chrome or Firefox with any ad blockers disabled, include PiHole.
Other browsers can not work. The Brave doesn’t work for sure on any Storj service.

1 Like

Ok. Got one.
I only use firefox and I have no ad blockers that I know of. I turned off avast online security and the trackers protection and still nothing.
I used firefox in a linux virtual machine and that did it.

Thanks

1 Like

how long does it take to get a auth. token these days

For me its been almost instantly. Sometimes it doesnt send if you had adbocker though.

no add blockers running on Firefox and safari and nothing yet

Firefox have similar integrated. Please, try to use Chrome