Topic for Chinese user 中文话题

中国用户可以在这里讨论相关事宜(额,只是想知道这里的中国用户有多少)

通常没有必要创建如此高度专业化的主题来进行讨论。 您可以创建一个包含特定问题的主题,并使用标签“中文话题”或“中文”。

然而,经验表明,使用英语可以更快地解决问题。

我想知道,什么时候可以开放Storj官网的翻译入口?或者你们有没有意向让用户可以翻译此项目?
I would like to know, when will the translation portal of Storj official website be opened? Or do you have any intention to open up this project so that users can translate it?

这个话题已经被多次提出,但一直没有做出决定。 几年前,我们使用了像“transifex”这样的网站,社区可以在其中提供翻译,并且这些翻译也被用在我们的网站上,但后来这一举措主要由于缺乏动力而逐渐消亡。
我再次向团队提出了这个问题,也许我们会得到答案。

This topic has been raised many times, but no decision has been made. A few years ago we used sites like transifex, where the Community could offer translations and they were used on our sites, but then this initiative died down mainly due to lack of motivation.
I raised this issue again with the team, maybe we will get an answer.

See:

顺便说一句,我可以把最后一个想法移到投票部分。
但我们有两个 - 用于存储节点运营商和 Storj DCS 网络的客户。
您打算翻译什么文档?

By the way, I can move the last idea to the voting section.
But we have two of them - for Storage Node Operators and for Customers of the Storj DCS network.
What documentation do you intend to translate?

我打算先翻译Storj的使用界面,其官网,以及用户登录后的云端页面。
我觉得最开始先应该翻译使用界面而不是文档。
以下页面

https://ap1.storj.io/login
https://ap1.storj.io/signup
I plan to first translate Storj’s user interface, its official website, and the cloud page after the user logs in.
I think the user interface should be translated first, not the documentation.

我希望您知道卫星仪表板不是最终的用户界面,并且“存储桶”部分不适合日常使用。
Storj DCS 是一个主要面向开发人员、然后面向消费者的平台。
所以平时你很少会用到它。 但我明白了,谢谢你的澄清!

I hope you are aware that the satellite dashboard is not a final user interface and the Buckets section is not intended for everyday use.
Storj DCS is a platform primarily for developers, and then for consumers.
So usually you will rarely use it. But I got the idea, thanks for the clarification!

哦,这样的话,我可以帮忙翻译下面这个文档。
Oh, in that case, I can help translate the following document.

2 Likes

We do not have guidelines how to add a translation to our sites, so I asked the team.

The question is, why aren’t there any localized aka translated websites yet to potentially attract more customers from outside the US?

For me it look like the same question as why there is ASCII still used everywhere, despite having so much different languages and UTF8 (UTF16) specially disigned to handle almost any language…

我尝试翻译了一下Storj Home页,你们看这样可以吗?英文在A栏,中文在L栏。
I tried to translate the Storj Home page. Do you think this is OK? English is in column A, Chinese is in column L.
链接在下面
Link below
Storj Home Page Chinese Translation

对我来说看起来不错。 有一些细微差别。
例如,“Ecosystem Ops at Pocket”由两部分组成,其中“Ecosystem Ops”是部门名称,Pocket - 这是公司的名称,这不是口袋 :slight_smile:

也许这些选择更好?
更好的云端全球存储 → 在更好的云上进行全球存储。
推荐的文章。-> 精选文章。
切换到 Storj 并获得具有惊人性能和零信任安全性的弹性云对象存储。-> 切换到 Storj 并获得具有惊人性能和零信任安全性的极富弹性的云对象存储。

我不确定这个选项的翻译(语言和文化背景知识不足):
金丝雀版本
这和英语中的金丝雀意思一样吗?
请看这篇文章:Warrant canary - Wikipedia
也许这样更好:
金丝雀版本 → 认股权证金丝雀

Looks ok to me. There are some nuances.
For example, “Ecosystem Ops at Pocket” consists of two parts, where “Ecosystem Ops” is the name of the department, Pocket is the name of the company, not the pocket :slight_smile:

Perhaps these options are better?
更好的云端全球存储 → 在更好的云上进行全球存储。
推荐的文章。-> 精选文章。
切换到 Storj 并获得具有惊人性能和零信任安全性的弹性云对象存储。-> 切换到 Storj 并获得具有惊人性能和零信任安全性的极富弹性的云对象存储。

I’m not sure about the translation of this option (insufficient knowledge of language and cultural background):
金丝雀版本
Does this mean the same thing as canary in English?
Please see this article: Warrant canary - Wikipedia
Maybe it’s better like this:
金丝雀版本 → 认股权证金丝雀

1 Like

是的,我翻译错了几个,你已指正。(我已经在Google表格中更改了),对于“金丝雀”,我们中国不使用(可能是针对美国),也许这一点你说的是正确的。

Yes, I made a few mistranslations, which you have corrected. (I’ve changed them in Google Forms.) For “Canary”, we don’t use it in China (probably for the US), so maybe you’re right about that.

1 Like

I would be surprised if there was a significant (or possibly any) market in China for a decentralised, end-to-end encrypted storage service.
I would hazard a guess that Storj doesn’t play well with “The Great Firewall”.

That said, thank you for your kind effort to perform the translation :slight_smile:

Today we have 11 nodes in China :smiley:
https://storjnet.info/

I think this translation project will be very useful for Chinese speakers all over the world.
Many people search in their primary/native language first so it might also help boost our SEO

It might also inspire more people to offer translations into other languages

I’m excited for this. It’s very cool!

1 Like

Therefore it is very weird that Storj does not offer localized versions at least of the main website at all. Some of the things I fail to comprehend completely as it could drive business, recognition and adoption.

That’s really interesting, I’m quite surprised!
(Although 11 nodes is still a very small number, especially for a country the size of China)

I do wonder how much risk (if any) those node operators are taking to be able to run them…

1 Like

I don’t know the official answer (not going to ping them because its a holiday today) but can imagine its probably due to time allocations and task prioritization of the Marketing Team at this point.

If the website has been built from the ground with localization in mind, it should not be too resource intensive to translate the text parts.
For a global company with a global audience and global customers this should be standard.

If it has not then yes, it will require a lot of effort to localize it and Storj eventually misses out on potential business opportunities.

Fair enough.

At this point lets see how this current translation initiative goes and take it from there.
If its successful and drives traffic, it might open the door to progress for other languages as well.

1 Like