Troubleshooting a node

This is what i see in graylog.

Followed by endless pinging of a non-existing sat. (feel like when NASA lost that mars probe thing due to the imperial vs metric system calculations years ago) .

We keep pinging but nobody’s out there.

I’m a moron. In all 3 cases of offline nodes with same parameters it was because there is a screw loose behind the wheel.

I had a space in the docker run command after the " and before the address.

Rectifying situation now.

Thankts bright.

1 Like

Aaand it just so happened there was a line break at exactly that place in your previous post, making this near impossible to spot. You do make a good challenge, haha!

Good to hear it’s working now!

1 Like

Happy to see it’s working now :slight_smile:

Really thanks guys knew i was missing something small, but sometimes when u see the same stuff over and over again you miss it. Especially with markup on the forums.

Keep up the great work and thanks for the help guys sorry for the rookie mistake.

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted out!

In the future, you can put three backticks ( ``` ) in the line above and below your code snippet so things don’t get lost in the formatting. You can even specify the type of code the forum should expect and it will format it appropriately. If you put ```text, it will treat it as no format.

4 Likes

when i was setting my last node up and couldn’t get it running i must have read through that run command 10 times, comparing it to the one i basically copied it from… so many points of failure in that, which is why i like to try to make it simple :smiley:

Part of the problem is when your toying and tinkering around with nodes all the time, you don’t really read the stuff anymore your just kind of glancing at it. I looked over the docker command more than 10 times trying to troubleshoot and just didn’t see the space.

Again thought thanks for the helps guys.

1 Like