Unable to install Windows GUI with existing data

Even after deleting the folder “C:\Program Files\Storj”, the problem still persists. What should I do?

describe the problem

I accidentally forgot to put the port on the ip:port blank space. So I am facing the above problem repeatedly after multiple times of failure.

you deleted it, and now you instaled it again?

yup. I deleted the above mentioned folder and tried reinstalling again but the I am facing the same problem repeatedly.

did storj folder apeared again?

Obviously, yes!
After doing a install the folder will appear.
But the problem is that the above dialogue box appears again without continuing the successful installation!

i think problem is that you not deleted service, then you cant instal this again
you need open CMD as administrator
then write there sc.exe delete storagenode

This is the reply that I get from the CMD prompt.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.30]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sc.exe delete storagenode
[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

C:\Windows\system32>

ok then service gone, what screan do you have when instaling node?

check program files, does storagenode files apeared?

yes it is still on the path “C:\Program Files”.

ok, check logs there why does it have any error

how do I check them?

go to program files storj storagenode, and there log file

If it is a text file, it says something like this when open the text file:-

2020-08-21T23:03:33.253+0545	FATAL	Unrecoverable error	{"error": "storage node database error: database info already exists", "errorVerbose": "storage node database error: database info already exists\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).createDatabase:331\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.(*DB).createDatabases:280\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/storagenodedb.New:175\n\tmain.cmdSetup:250\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:353\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:371\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:840\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:945\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:885\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecCustomDebug:70\n\tmain.main:330\n\truntime.main:203"}

you not deleted all data from node hdd? or you want repear old node?

I just want to do a GUI install where I have the old data files.

Please, use a previous version of installer. Seems the new one has a bug.
Then autoupdater should take care of it.