Undistributed payout for February 2024

Hi all,

I am running a few nodes and I see that there is no payout up to now for February 2024 use. Is that normal? This hasn’t happened before.

Thanks a lot in advance!

With kind regards,
Angelos PItsos

2 Likes

Hi @Roberto,

I read carefully the announcement and the update (link at the end), but I can’t find any reference explaining why the February’s payout is not happened up to now.

Would you be so kind to explain?

With kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos

From actual February payout link:

TLDR: because of very high gas price.

1 Like

So, in the case that the February payouts were not paid, does that mean that they are collected and will be paid possibly along with the March payouts, i.e. next month?

Not sure what “collected” means, but the payment will be made if/when gas price over accumulated payout gets under the threshold.

I’d you want payouts sooner you can switch to zksync. But it comes with its own can of worms.

1 Like

If you selected the network with a high gas fee (i.e. Ethereum), then your node could not clear the minimum payout threshold and your payout could be postponed until the next payout cycle, it will be added to the Undistributed payout for all nodes uses the same wallet.
The undistributed payout is showing in the Undistributed payout field on the Payout Information page on your dashboard.

You may consider to use a zkSync Era network instead, it has much less fee and thus - a lower threshold:

I have the same problem, but I also switched mine over to Zk earlier this month. How will I get the non-Zk Eth payment if it was below the minimum payout, if all of my future credits are going to Zk? Do I need to just temporarily switch a couple nodes back to non-Zk so I can get paid out on those?

If you switched to zkSync this month, then you likely receive all Undistributed amount to your zkSync address in the next payout cycle.
If you still want to try your luck and try to receive the Undistributed amount on L1, you may disable the zkSync wallet feature for these nodes. Do not forget to restart them to apply the changes.

In short: the payout once a month in the first two weeks of every month, so if you want to apply a new wallet feature, you need to do so before the end of the current month, then it will be used in the next month to send you your Undistributed amount include the earning for the month before.

Please note, if you apply this change only to a few nodes uses the same wallet, the Undistributed amount will split accordingly participation of each node for L1 and L2.
For example, Node1 has $1, Node2 has $2 and Node3 has $3, the total Undistributed amount is $6, but you decided that the Node1 will go to zkSync and Node2 and Node3 to L1, then the total Undistributed amount of $6 will be split:

• $1 will try to go to zkSync
  • $5 will try to go to L1

Hey @Alexey,

I am still wondering if I have understood correctly. In order to change to ZkSync payments, do I need to just add the two lines mentioned on the provided article and that’s all? I mean, doesn’t need to change my wallet address or to create another wallet or something like that? Currently, my wallet address is coming from a Ledger device and was created under the Ethereum Network. Should I also take some other actions, or just by adding these lines in the config file everything should work as it should?

Please advise.

Yes, save the config and restart the node. zkSync uses the same wallet address on their network as your wallet address on the Ethereum Mainnet.

Yes, it’s pretty fine. Perhaps the Ledger device cannot show a balance on zkSync (yet), but you may see it either on zkSync Block Explorer (please note - zkSync Lite and zkSync Era uses separate blocks explorers) or via Metamask.
See also

But it’s not required to do all that above (except opt-in for zkSync in your node of course) to start using zkSync. You will receive STORJ tokens to your wallet address on the chosen network. Since you use a hardware wallet (best of secure options), your funds are in safe and can be accessible anytime.

1 Like

You will get your payout at the end of the month, yes. The money is not lost, it’s just accumulated so storj doesnt have to pay the high transaction fees every time. You can see hoe much money they still need to send you under “Payout Information” > “Undistributed payout”

1 Like

in the first two weeks of every month actually

Hi @Alexey,

I have enabled the zkSync on all my nodes and now they look like that:

But I am confused a lot about the following. Should I also have enabled the “zkSync Era” as well? Because the article from the “LEDGER Docs” explains how to connect the “zkScan Era” via MetaMask.

Please advise.

With kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos

The zkSync Lite (["zksync"]) is deprecated on payouts:

So, you likely need to switch it to zkSync Era instead (["zksync-era"]).

1 Like

Yeah, but you didn’t explain anything about that and you just gave me a link, which explains how to install the one and how to install the other. How should I know which one you use for the payouts? Double work now… pff…

I’m sorry about that. We will update our documentation in time.

1 Like

Now all nodes look like that:

Are we okay? Shall I get all the payouts this month?

1 Like

They looks OK, you should receive the Undistributed amount in the next payout cycle (the first two weeks of every month), if it will clear a Minimum Payout Threshold.