Update on August 2020 Payouts

would lead to lower value like 10$ today, 1$ tomorrow…

As far as I know, the Raiden Network is still not production-ready. So, we can implement micropayments when they would be ready. However, it will demand from SNO to use ONLY own wallet address, because no one exchange have plans to use the Raiden Network at the moment. So, who uses a deposit instead of wallet will lose their payout.

24 posts were split to a new topic: Change the payout system?

Thats new for me, I dont see any emails about this change…I use Binance exchange as wallet address since I started storj about 7 months ago…that would be nice if storj send an email about planned changes like this, I guess I’m not the only one whom uses an exchange as wallet address :slight_smile: and also not the only one whom not uses the forum on daily basis…

1 Like

I didn’t see the implementation of using a Raiden Network in the roadmap:

If you followed the documentation when installing the node, then you should have seen this link explaining what a valid address is

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Global portal for SNO

Who’s not feeding their kids because they aren’t getting their new node’s $2 worth of STORJ until next month? lol

4 Likes

Did anyone consider a ZK rollup / optimistic solution? OMG network, Matic, Zksync…

1 Like

Etherium looks like it will be problematic until ETH 2.0 POS and sharding is done. Maybe STORJ can take a look at Cardano (ADA) I am sure Charles Hoskinson would love to help companies migrate.

2 Likes

Still no ayments this month right?

Payments are going in first 2 weeks.

3 Likes

In the future please consider migrating to another network that is 100% compatible with eth smart contract (Avalanche from Avalabs for example).

Cardano is slowly moving to proof of stake algorithm which propably would make transactions much more cheap in the long term

I have a question, last month I changed my payout address to pay out directly to my binance account so I could easily exchange the tokens. my payout was $14.00 and held amount was just under that, but I have not seen Aug payment come in yet, just wondering if they have been completed yet or if changing my address to a binance storj address and it got lost or something

While it’s not a good idea to use an exchange address, payouts haven’t gone out yet. So you’re probably fine.

ok ya I was just reading back on what people are saying about that and I just switched it back to what I had it before when they were coming through good, just trying to figure a way to easily exchange without getting hit with the high ETH fees ATM.

1 Like

Not really understanding a post like this. It seems in the language as this is just a consideration, but at the same time it seems like a decision has been made. You really need to work on your communication, especially as the subject to says AUGUST PAYOUTS.

This is in context that they payouts are now overdue, and the new process that was automated these would lead to quicker payouts, we are already in week 2 of September and not a single post about it.

I’m not saying its not Ok to be late on payments, and I’m not saying it’s not ok to change things, but having a clear message is key, right. this is just amateur stuff.

2 Likes

payments usually arrive in the first 10 days of the month, so they are not actually late

1 Like

Hi folks - - when payments go out, it is within the first half of each month, according to calculations on the month prior. That part has not changed. Thansk for pointing that our @tylkomat

Thanks also to @direktorn for the feedback stating that the communication can be clearer. :slight_smile: I will pass that along to the relevant parties

1 Like