Update on August 2020 Payouts

+1

I would too really like to see some kind of a direct message (email, sms …), when “lose all your monthly funds” changes might occur. I hope im still getting my august storj tokens on bittrex. After that, im changing to private wallet.

Ok, ask Bittrex for a such a service then?

Because on Storj’s side, there is no circumstance that would have you lose your monthly income for no apparent reason.

3 Likes

What are you waiting for? Generate keys and switch to using your own address now.

3 Likes

just did, hope its not too late…

1 Like

sure they are. Based on the last two months payments they are 4 and 2 days late. The purpose was to improve the payouts, not working

Thanks,
Could you refer to the payout schema since the change of automatic payouts where it says 15 days? thanks

If a new payout process is implemented it may event take longer for this month. Since the new process should be solid, otherwise there will be event more complains.
The discussion was started on 24th of august and there has not been an official conclusion (or I missed it) it may even take some more time.

Hey Everyone, just to give you a quick update we decided not to implement a minimum payout threshold this month because the gas prices have decreased about 4x from the time we starting considering this change. I started another topic Update 2 on August 2020 Payouts about this months payouts. The conversation in the topic was great and we have some ideas on how to improve the payouts so that we dont ever have to consider gas prices!

8 Likes

Did SNO’s get charged the gas price on the August payout because my payout is approx $5 short compared to what the dashboard said the payout was going to be?

Could you please restart the storagenode and refresh the dashboard with Ctrl-F5?

just want to say big thanks to storj :wink:
i got ~400$ (862 storj) for august
thats damn nice… i only have some hundred $ every month and now i got 400 more :slight_smile:

6 Likes

EDIT: Actually the PAID column of $16.4 is incorrect and much lower than what dashboard had for August period of $35~

EDIT2:
Total $37.35.
-8.60 held for August
$28.75

However the script shows Payout $22.70 and under satellite’s paid $16.4062…

Also the returned held amount of $6.68 is not even shown on dashboard, OR paid.

@BrightSilence, is the script ver 9.3.0 not working as intended with node 1.11?

EDIT3:
Replaced all .db files again.

Hello,

If you really prefer to waste all that tx fees on 19 cents, I will prefer to delay my payment and add the fees as a gift to my balance :grin:

2 Likes

The script is working just fine with that version. It needs to be updated for 1.12 though, which I will get to when I get that version.

But the output you get should be correct. What numbers are different from the web dashboard?

@stefanbenten honestly speaking, I think it would be less confusing for most SNOs if the dashboard did not show that there is still a held amount with your satellite

That’s probably because we got paid a month too early. It’s been said that the held amount is visible in the “history” of september after you reboot your node. Haven’t tried that yet though.

1 Like

I can confirm that this is the case, tested on my 1.11.x nodes

1 Like

I’ve edited the above post and included the August payout from the dashboard.

Total $37.35.
-8.60 held for August
$28.75

However the script shows Payout $22.70 and under satellite’s paid $16.4062…

Also the returned held amount of $6.68 is not even shown on dashboard, OR paid.

It looks like the earnings script is unable to find your disk usage data. Are you running the script directly on the live database files? (Don’t do this if you’re using docker on windows or macos. This is only safe on widnows GUI or linux docker installs.)

If you’re using a copy of the db files, please stop the node prior to copying the db files. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, check your db files for errors. Specifically the storage_usage.db.

1 Like

It’s a copy of the files from the docker node which was stopped before copy commenced. Doing the script directly on another PC. Did this before and didn’t have any issues. I’ll try again.