Update Proposal for Storage Node Operators - Open for Comments

Hey @what, welcome to the forum! These are great thoughts and ideas you are having.

Unfortunately, we don’t really like price discussions that are rooted in reality and not in a future rainbow fantasyland. We node operators spend thousands of dollars for hardware during the great subsidies period and need to make up for these upfront costs. According to us node operators, you are also forgetting the most important facts:
STORJ is faster, better, cheaper, greener, more reliable, and geo-redundant for free! It basically is the best S3 provider this world has ever seen. That is also the reason why in the not-so-distant future, our centralized S3 will be the backbone for the decentralized Web 3.0! So why are there no customers you may ask. Simple, first of all, STORJ does a bad job marketing our awesome product to these thick users and companies. It is also still early! Remember, Amazon and Uber also started small. Another problem is that STORJ is too cheap and because of that customers think it has no value. We should raise prices to 20$ for storage and egress. It would be a win-win, customers will finally ditch the inferior AWS S3, and I could get my back my hardware investment.

Btw I tried Storj last night using a video I got from Steam games store. And I mean it got absolutely wiped by CF CDN

That is probably because you are holding it wrong. Remember, STORJ is the best product the world has ever seen. It can’t be beaten by CF. You probably did something wrong. Let me guess, you used the defaults? Then it is your fault, you should have asked @Dominick in this forum for tuning recommendations. Otherwise, this is clearly your fault!
/s

my forum experience

Update Proposal for Storage Node Operators - #779 by IsThisOn
Let's talk about the elephant in the room: The Storj economic model (node operator payout model) - #947 by IsThisOn
Update Proposal for Storage Node Operators - #456 by IsThisOn
Update Proposal for Storage Node Operators - #398 by IsThisOn
Update Proposal for Storage Node Operators - #299 by IsThisOn
Let's talk about the elephant in the room: The Storj economic model (node operator payout model) - #947 by IsThisOn

1 Like