Update to 1.1.1

Was wondering if my node wasn’t updating, glad I found this post. Thanks all.

I got the “Update your Node to Version v1.1.1: It’s time to update your Node’s software, you are running outdated version v1.0.1” notification, is it automatic or do I need to step in? I used windows installer not docker.

I can see both storagenode and storagenode-updater is running in the background. I’ve got the first notification more than 24 hours ago and now kind of getting spammed with these notifications. Anyone help me with updating the version please?
Screenshot: https://i.redd.it/evv3gn0m80r41.jpg

1 Like

Since the previous post was moved here, mine doesn’t make sense here anymore, so I’m changing it now. The bottom line is that the amount of requests shows that the notification system in its current form is total rubbish and only leads to uncertainty on the part of the users. In any case, the notification system is of no use. You may need to remove it until it runs properly

agree. when it was introduced I had a “red” dot that normally GUI wise indicate that I should focus, but after clicking it just said “nothing here” or something along those lines.

The GUI shows quite a lot of useless information, for example the “Diskspace used now” is not about discspace. The disk space Remaining" is off by 20% (on my node)

I’m a big fan of dashboards, and would love to help if needed but just creating a dashboard for the “sake of it” does not make a whole lot of sense.

1 Like

Do i understand correctly, v1.1.1 update is not available to docker ?
My dashboard tells me to update…

most likely just ignore it for now… you will just get v1.0.1 if you try…
wait until the end of the week, i’m sure it will all be sorted by then.

if you actually read the post here you would understand

I am glad that it’s just not only my problem!

This is quite funny, my node is now updated to 1.1.1, and it shows in the dashboard, but the notifications still tells me I’m a idiot and should update. I have to “read” the notifications.

Could you show the notification?
I believe it is phrased as

Update your Node to Version v1.1.1: It’s time to update your Node’s software, you are running outdated version v1.0.1

It is - and what should I do?

Nothing. It has arrived before the update.

So you didn’t read what I said? if you can’t provide assistance it in most cases better to not to try to do so

Thank you for your suggestion.
From this I extracted the info, that you received notification to update the 1.1.1 to 1.1.1

But in reality it was

So, this is old notification, not new. This is what I wanted to know.

I have to “read” the notifications.
I guess that not understood

You dont have to do anything you can ignore the red dot and not click it.

1 Like

Sure, but then it no longer works as a signal to show you there is something new.

2 Likes

All up to date.

Thanks

Agreed. If it’s on all the time, and I have to go to “See All” then “Mark All as Read” to clear the red dot then I am going to ignore it and it becomes useless. I know the team is working on improvements, so please take this as constructive criticism.

Changes I would make:

1. Opening the message tray should mark messages as read without having to navigate to a different page.
  2. Identical update notices shouldn’t repeat, especially if the previous one is “unread”.
  3. Update notices are being sent out too early (I know this is a common complaint)
  4. A nice to have feature would be that the node automatically clears the now irrelevant update notices when the node is updated.
3 Likes

Was the API updated to include the payout info?