Updates on Test Data

Nothing faster available here. Thus the question about TTL.

If you could do this: wouldnā€™t it mean a SNO is exerting control over when a paying client deletes their files? Like that client is saying ā€œplease store this, Iā€™ll pay you, and delete it in 3 monthsā€ā€¦ and you say ā€œno, I wonā€™t store it if you want to delete it in 3 monthsā€?

I could see the dashboard (or scripts) maybe getting upgrades to report on TTL info. But SNOs shouldnā€™t get to pick-and-choose the data they store (if they want to get paid).

(butā€¦ if your node magically lost every race to accept TTL dataā€¦ I donā€™t see how Storj would know if that was intentional or accidentalā€¦ youā€™d just make less money)

2 Likes

How many nodes? if you canā€¦

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

choiceofn with n=6 has broken a new record and was about 20% faster than we would need. For some reason not for long. The performance decreased. We will now run with a bit less load for a longer time to see if it is stable.

How does it look on your side? Do you see any issues why the performance might decrease?

5 Likes

You Maxed my 500 mbit connection now
Screenshot 2024-06-04 210744

We reduced our benchmark test a bit. It is not running stable about 5% faster than required. It looks like we can hold that level.

There still is some fine tuning but I guess we can start celebrating.

10 Likes

My unvetted potato nodes doing best with this oneā€¦ :+1:

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why my nodes at home arenā€™t getting that much load. I think my cgnat and the VPN from portmap is the problem. Does anyone know a better way to get nodes behind a cgnat working?

Th3Van.dk

2 Likes

Anyone here with a high success rate that can tell me how much bandwidth this is consuming. Sounds like more than 500MBit/s? How much is it?

This is what I see on the node in Washington (state). The darkstat is monitoring virtual adapter where there is only node. Connection is symmetric gigabit.

1 Like

I am sorry. Can you translate these numbers for me? I donā€™t know where to look at.

Sure, past 40 or so minutes average ingress to that node was 28000 kilobytes per second, which translates to about 225 megabit/second. It uses a quarter of available gigabit bandwidth.

3 Likes

If you wanted to let it cook 24h or soā€¦ to see if nodes report issues (as not everybody is watching here, but would notice your-node-is-offline emails)ā€¦ then that would be fine by me! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

Oh, and congrats for hitting your numbers! Cash bonuses for every member of the team! :dollar:

That test is planned for later maybe tomorrow. I think today we will first do the thing with excluding 20% of the nodes and also reduce the long tail to make this even more resource friendly.

3 Likes

This is cool:

graph_image-2

graph_image-2
4 core VM, so 400% would be max

graph_image-2

graph_image-2

graph_image-2

The CPU usage is distributed evenly among the cores, which is nice (yeah, total CPU usage is higher than that node process - my scripts that parse logs also need resources).

2 Likes

I have to admit these tests are really putting my mind at rest and make me realise even a potato node can handle a lot of hammering if itā€™s dedicated only for Storj.
My PI5s are doing just fine.
I have a very old rack mount NAS running 3 (unvetted) nodes. It only has a Celeron J3355 and 2 GB of RAM. Itā€™s being fairly squeezed but itā€™s handling over 100MBit traffic and could possibly do a bit more if I didnā€™t have other machines running nodes on the same IP.

2 Likes

i think You forgot to turn back On the ip /24 net rule,
a node that shares ip with 3-4 others is hiting his network max ingress right now ;>
and it never does
(edit okay currently 1 neighbor, so total 2 on same ip,
You made a miracle,
You chased out my unwanted neighbors:)
maybe theirs nodes crashed:P )

Edit2:
bedise that, i like how low RAM usage storagenode.exe service is using (only like 500MB, not any crazy 2000MB)

That rule should still be in place.

1 Like