Uplink: Invalid access grant format shown

Ok, just started installing uplink on server. THe install went fine but when I try to do this
uplink access import main accessgrant.txt
I get this error
uplink: invalid access grant format

But I copied the txt file that was downloaded by creating access in first place.
Has something changed?

Welcome to the forum! Please follow these instructions where it is mentioned that you need to specify the path to the saved access grant in the uplink access command (~/Downloads/accessgrant.txt for example ).

I am in the root folder on linux so shouldn’t this work?
uplink access import main accessgrant.txt
I am cd to that folder
I have tried other but just says cant find file, this was does not say that but has error

Have you tried to include the full path? It would probably also be a good idea to move the accessgrant.txt file to a subdirectory first.

its in the root, would accessgrant.txt not be in root? I copied it to usr folder then tried this
uplink access import main usr/accessgrant.txt

I no little on linux, maybe root folder should be something else? …/ or /, not sure

If accessgrant.txt is now in the usr folder, then I think the following should work:

uplink access import main /usr/accessgrant.txt

Tried that, still no go

I can confirm, the new access grant saved as a file in the satellite UI cannot be imported to the latest uplink without modification - it contains the text access grant: before the access grant.

2 Likes

ok that was the problem. removed the access grant: and it worked. HOWEVER
next I made a folder called cakes
and that created fine. Then I upload an image like this
uplink cp image.jpg sj://cakes
upload image.jpg to sj://cakes/image.jpg
13.67 KiB / 13.67 KiB [---------------------------------------------------] 100.00% 19.32 KiB p/s

and as you can see it uploaded fine, or so it looks, but when I go into the folder, there are no files there, so while it created the folder, it did not work when uploading files
What now?

make sure you use the same encryption passphrase as when you uploaded your file.

2 Likes

OK, got that. What about ports? When I have my firewall up, it fails to copy. What ports do I need open for Uplink?

Any. Storj uses p2p protocol to transfer pieces, your uplink uploads pieces to nodes directly across the globe, they may have literally any port, so you shouldn’t block any outgoing ports. You do not need to open any Incoming ports.

ok slowly getting there :). Now I got one I just can’t figure out. I am trying to set it up so I can use direct urls, so trying to add CNAME & TXT dns entries, but the example has me confused. this is what I got back and setup

Remember to update the $ORIGIN with your domain name. You may also change the $TTL.
$ORIGIN example. com.
$TTL    3600
storj.vionline.com    	IN	CNAME	link.storjshare.io.
txt-storj.vionline.com	IN	TXT  	storj-root:ivsnft/content
txt-storj.vionline.com	IN	TXT  	storj-access: ACCESSTOKEN

but my cpanel ask for this info
CNAME
{
Record Name:
Domain"? No name was given but when looking at others like ftp it was vionline. com
TTL - defaults to 14400
}

TXT
{
Record Name:
Cache:
Text record:
}

TXT
{
Record Name:
Cache:
Text record:
}

I had to put a space in vionline. com, your forum would not let me enter links so I just rename, take spaces out
From my data above can you please insert what info needs to go in these 3?

This should be correct:

CNAME
{
Record Name:storj
Host? - link.storjshare.io
TTL - defaults to 14400
}

TXT
{
Record Name: txt-storj
Cache: 14400 is fine but 3600 is returned
Text record: storj-root:ivsnft/content
}

TXT
{
Record Name: txt-storj
Cache: 14400 or 3600
Text record: storj-access:ACCESSTOKEN
}

1 Like

well getting closer :slight_smile: When I go to the page, it shows the storj page, but it says can’t find bucket

Oops! Bucket not found.

Any ideas?

It’s likely your bucket or accesstoken is incorrect. You can test it by using the original link…

e.g. https:// link.storjshare.io/s/ACCESSTOKEN/ivsnft/content/picture.jpg

for some reason that just reroutes to google search for storj
What exactly is prefix? My bucket is called ivsnft and inside is a folder called content, is it correct to use prefix that way?

So an example is from @jtolio’s website…

http://link.storjshare.io/raw/jxb3xcosji3cqehkiw7kyfipw5eq/oliosite/jtolio/images/ice.jpg
(also just realised you probably want raw not s)

Access token = jxb3xcosji3cqehkiw7kyfipw5eq
Bucket/prefix = oliosite/jtolio
Path to file = images/ice.jpg

1 Like

SUCCESS !!! :slight_smile: I guess it just had to proagate, but its working. Now I dont even know if I should attempt next step, but how do I get it working with https? Is it something I can do on server or do I need and outside service

1 Like

You’ll need an https proxy service. Cloudflare and Fastly are two such providers.