US2 Beta Feedback

Hello everyone, mounted Gateway-MT with CloudBerry Drive as a network drive. But I have a problem with the speed it does not rise above 10 mb/s, what could be the reason?

1. This is by design so that the user has an option of separately encrypting data uploaded using a different access grant. The user can reuse the existing passphrase if they wish but we can not record that information server side.

2. We will review this enhancement request.

3. Our security posture would not allow us to cache this information.

What is theoretical speed for your connection?

My speed is 100mb/s. there were also significant pauses in uploading or downloading.

Can you check your network usage during backup?
I think you have confused measure items - the network bandwidth is usually measured in Mbps, so, if you have a theoretical bandwidth of 100 Mbps, then theoretical maximum speed is 100/8 = 12.5 MiB/s
So, the speed of backup as 10MiB/s is pretty fast and should utilize your network almost on 100%

Why I think so? Because if your internet speed is 100MiB/s, then your internet connection should be 1Gbps
If you have a 1Gbps connection, then it perhaps would be much better to use a native connectors to Tardigrade instead of Gateway-MT, because native connectors uses multiple (110) connections to transfer your files, and an average speed could be much better than with Gateway-MT.

1 Like

Please allow Project deleting and not-empty bucket deleting.
I have buckets where I lost the keys for it, and now not able to delete it in any way.

2 Likes

Also better management of Access Grants and passwords might be helpful: Better options for management of Access Grants and passwords

You can use uplink rb sj://<the bucket> --force to delete the bucket even if you don’t have the encryption keys. Also, you can pass the --encrypted flag to both uplink ls and uplink rm to list at and delete objects using their encrypted keys.

2 Likes

It works, thank you. Initially I tried to avoid use of Uplink CLI since I don’t need it for anything else, but eventually it works fine.

For completeness the error is still present: