V1.75.2 QUIC misconfig issues

after it went misconfigred last night I restarted. Now it’s been green for 17 hours. I genuinely don’t think it’s an issue on my end.

mixed bag today. I’ve tried a few things but can not pin down a root cause.

I’ve been checking the firewall and port forwarding, the OS that the docker container is on and Storj. Nothing is standing out and I’m still fighting this issue.

Does it online? If it’s offline, you need to fix the offline issue first:

28967 is open, port forwarding is set up correctly as far as I can see.

Does it showed as online on the node’s dashboard?

STATUS

QUIC
Misconfigured

Do you have other nodes in your network?

Just the one node, nothing else.

When QUIC is misconfigured and I check the logs, I see active up/downloads scrolling past. That seems strange…

Not at all. QUIC just a preferred protocol, but if it doesn’t work the usual TCP (slower) connections will be used.

Is there a way to ping 28967 on my home IP and do something like a tracert to see where it’s getting filtered?

Yes, you may use a nc utility in Linux to check the connection to a specific port and protocol.
For UDP

nc -zvu your.external.address 28967

for Windows: Download the Free Nmap Security Scanner for Linux/Mac/Windows

But it’s not a tracert of course.
In Linux you may use a traceroute command, it uses UDP by default

traceroute your.external.address -p 28967

for Windows: UDP traceroute utility – Chris Lloyd

28967 is open on the WAN side but when I scanned my router 28967 is closed internally.

This is mean that something other listening this port.
Do you have two routers?

I do not know why you scanned your router internally instead of your node though.
Could you please show how you did that?

my public IP scan shows 28967 open
scanning my node internally shows 28967 open
scanning my router internally shows 28967 closed

of course, because your node is listening the port, not the router.

cool cool. Anyway I’m still not able to identify the issue. It seems to me that 28967 is open from WAN to the node yet QUIC still goes down regularly…

This is usually mean that either your router or ISP have unstable connection for UDP.
You may also try to use a different external port, just need to update it in the port forwarding rule on your router and the external address in your docker run command, or in the contact.external-address: option in the config.yaml file in case of Windows/Linux GUI, save the config and restart the node.
The rule on your router would be like TCP+UDP 28968 → 28967, in the docker run command: -e ADDRESS=external.address:28968, in the config.yaml in case of Windows/Linux GUI:

contact.external-address: external.address:28968

I tried 28968 and the same issue occurred. Out of curiousity, what countries are associated with STORJ satellites? I do have countries filtered but I always have and up till March it wasn’t an issue.