V1.75.2 QUIC misconfig issues

Americas, Europe, Asia
However, you may try to use geo-IP.
Just make sure that satellites’ addresses are not filtered/blocked. However, your block list likely block the customers too and your node has less wins for pieces and less usage

Why blocking countries? If a hacker targets your IP, he can/will use VPN and bots from allover the world.

1 Like

Yeah, I think blocking countries breaks the Node T&C:

5. Restrictions. You will operate the Storage Node in strict accordance with the terms of this Agreement and in no other manner. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you will not:
[…]

• 5.1.6. Refuse or intentionally fail to deliver any Storage Materials in response to a valid request;

If a SNO is blocking countries, they would be effectively intentionally fail to deliver data to customers downloading from blocked countries, even if a given piece was uploaded from an unblocked country.

2 Likes

There are also false positives:

and: https://en.ntunhs.net/IPInfo/EN/188/159.htm

I like ipinfo.io. They seem to be up to date, very fast, and easy to use in the command line (you can curl and get json, or query specific fields, like ASN; e.g. curl ipinfo.io/8.8.8.8/json)

On topic: unless OP has vindictive firewall/-anti-DDOS/any other “security” software, I have seen cases that QUIC refuses to work if significant network changes occurred after initial probe -e.g. if another adapter was brought up. I almost always see this on my node that is behind CGNAT and uses VPS: unless I wait for the tunnel to be up before starting the node, it would fail QUIC but TCP will work fine.

To avoid these issues I’ve configured storagenode to depend on a netwait service, that is looking for a specific IP that would only be accessible of networking is fully setup (in my case this is another end of a wireguard tunnel).

Just something to consider.

Just a quic update (heh) I disabled the geoblocking and quic seems solid. It had been working fine till March but that’s when I noticed the irregularity. Thanks for the help in troubleshooting, I think it’s fine now.

1 Like