Very unhappy about how StorJ has handled payouts

You can get the storj taken at market value to usd at the time of operation… this is scalable but you would get “micro” payments in storj instantly into a wallet.

This sounds exactly like zksync, where the development roadmap is to add a ‘Payout Now’ button to the node dashboard.

2 Likes

That could be open to abuse - better to keep any input in the config file in my view, when it comes to funds.

I’m fine with that, but I find it a little curious that you have no problem spending your time to cast aspersions without all the information, but when you are confronted with informed counterpoints it all takes too much time. Seems a little disingenuous.

That said, I hope the information provided helps you make the best choice for you.
If you have further ideas to improve things, I’d still be very interested to hear them, but you would have to address the issues pointed out.
If you have further questions around the options already available, we’re happy to help too.
(Though in both cases I do suggest searching the forums first. Most suggestions and answers are already out there.)

3 Likes

Hello @Mario ,
Welcome to the forum!

You can import it to the Metamask using the same secret phrase and connect to zkSync.

1 Like

Thanks for that… I dont know you are a moderator. Infact if you read the whole forum post you will see that our discussion get heated from both sides ans we both agreed to move on. So please immiq if you want to report me feel free…and in future i would recommend you keep your comments like this to yourself as your tone is patronising.

Thanks

Immiq juat step away. You cannot tell a “tone"from text. Your personal emotions can alter the " tone” that you persevere to pick up from what i have written.

Further to this i have picked up conversations with brightsilance (as i think this is a reply to a post between him and myself) and we are both cool…

So please just stop moderating conversations as its really not your place in this forum

Infact @Alexey can you please lock this forum post as it is now moving on from what the conversation we had and also not being helpful to this forum. I seem to have rubbed people the wrong way my opinion and i apologies to anyone that may have been offended. But to move on can you please close this conversation now as i really want to move on.

Thanks
Simon

I joined with a single node almost two years ago. Never sold any of my storj.

It’s more than $2200 :slight_smile:

that is due to the price rise in storj more than actual usd value pay-outs

2 Likes

I’m so happy that after 3 months I finally got paid a few weeks ago. I sold as soon as it was listed on Coinbase, and from now on will sell immediately. I will not be holding on to Storj coins anymore, and after 3 years, will likely shut down my node for good pretty soon, after these last few months.

1 Like

I cannot lock the post, but our Community is great in moderating. If more users mark some post as inappropriate or offtopic - it would be hided automatically and author will receive a message, that Community does not like the content of this post and it should be edited or will remain hided.

So if you (or @immiq or any other member of the forum) have a feeling that some posts are not acceptable for our Community - you are free to flag them.
For reference: Community Standards - Storj Labs Community Forum

2 Likes

I got a question. Assume coin price is usd1.

1. I used to receive 30 storj coin those days. Now storj coin is with usd3 per coin.
    So do I still get paid 30 storj coin? Or only 10 coin?
  2. What happen after 2weeks the coin worth now only usd0.50. Do I get 60 storj coin?

Thanks

At the time of the payout, your earned money in USD ($30) wil be converted to STORJ.
If at that time STORJ price is $10, you’ll get 3 tokens, 3*$10=$30
If at that time STORJ price is $0.01, you’ll get 3000 tokens 3000*$0.01=$30.

1 Like

So I’m sure now is a pretty bad time to collect storj coin. It is almost 3 bucks now. Means I’m getting about 1.5 coins only. If the coins decided to drop to 1 bucks or 80 cents. That’s pretty much bad for sno like us.

It’s up to you to decide in what currency you want to hold your earnings. you receive storj but you could immediately exchange them for USD if you think that’s the better option.

1 Like

Only if you don’t mind the transaction costs. It would be nice if there was a currency risk-free option to postpone conversion from Storj to fiat, and the simplest way for that would be to be able to delay the USD-to-Storj conversion (as done during the payment) in the first place.

I use an exchange adress so I can decide for myself what to do with it when I get it. no transaction costs.

1 Like

can I ask what exchange you are using? thanks in advance

bittrex (has kyc if that’s important for you)