Very unhappy about how StorJ has handled payouts

given storj is on coinbase why not just make a deal with them so people can have there coins direct to coinbase ?that way 1 transaction can sort out all users that want to sort that even if you had to pay coinbase a little it would be cheaper

1 Like

Why coinbase? Why not Bitfinex? :grinning:

The point is that you can choose to keep the value as tokens instead of usd. Which is exactly what the op wanted.

This has been fixed. Opt in to zkSync and you’ll get your tokens every month.
This was an option before the value went up. You bet on the wrong horse. That sucks, but it’s not Storj Labs’ fault. They have offered you the option. You can’t switch in hindsight just because you made the wrong choice. We’d all be millionaires if that was an option.

ZKSYNC!!!

Because that might get them in trouble with the SEC. STORJ is a utility token and they want to avoid involvement in token speculation in any way. They can’t partner with exchanges for that reason.

5 Likes

I created forum feed

it discusses basicly how coinbase binance etc all store thier customers coins… its all to do with one master wallet and sub wallets that they issue to their customers this keeps transaction fees down in their eco system. There is nothing stopping Storj holding our token and letting us the operator when we want to withdraw it…

if we earn and get paid in stroj (instead of earn in usd $ then get paid in storj) I would be quite happy for Storj to store my token until I am happy to move it out to an external wallet…

I am not intrested in USD $ I am intrested in Crypto Stroj and as we getting paid out in storj why cant we earn storj?

Just saying? its odd that Storj have decided on this method… why not keep it all one token payment system?

1 Like

because this way costs them less all new nodes wont even get a payout for a year

Why do you keep crying… the faq are you HAVE the option too get pay with ZKSYNC you CHOSE not. And when storj grow in value you come crying … I exchange my storj too bitcoin who should I cry too now ? …
We get pay in $ that thx god the crypto jump up and down and it then on the day get calculated too what storj value are …
It easy . Stop crying over YOU chose not too get pay !
let me guess if storj had drop in value you will not been crying .

Sorry just really tired see this type off post

1 Like

You can chose too use ZKSYNC

My node says it is online but it shows $0 for payout. I have been running for a week so maybe this is normal? When can I begin to see earnings?
storjpayout

You have like no data from what I can see .so really no payment think the rule are 1 TB should give 3 or 4 $ if the download are as it have been

Your node is probably not even vetted yet. It has no data and no egress, so yeah, for the first few months your node will not earn much.

Thanks Tola5, For your words…

My point of the conversation is that there are better ways of getting paid and that is direacly into Storj token… This being payed USD crap is counter what Crypto is about. whats the point then of Storj Token? why not just pay me directly into my bank account… why is it that I operator gets usd then storj convers that to Storj token as a payout method?

to me it makes no sence…

The solution is:

1.Storj create a master wallet
2. Operators have a sub wallet from the master wallet
3. Storj pays “micro transactions” live into that sub wallet
4. Storj lets the operator choose when to move that token out

I know that I would keep my storj token in this wallet until it gets to a significant amount to pay for a groth in my operation for storj and this solves most of the issues with the payment issues from storj have…

Its not crying! its sence.

I do have one question is why do we get a value in USD and then get paid in Storj Token. I rally want to find out why? and why not just give us storj token as I am suggesting?

Simon

It really simple sorry if you don’t understand…
You get pay in USD for the same reason you was crying that storj value are not stabel
I don’t like too one mouth get 0.002 in storj for 1TB and not 3 just for the value change .

I dont get that market flucuation exsample (please dont explain this as i know what it is)… when we get paid out we are open to the market at that point anyways so what is the differance?

If operators got paid in storj in micro transactions into a wallet held by storj then the operator can move thier token out when they feel the market is right for them…

I mine Eth and this is how its always been for me and it works. This “held in usd” and then paid in Storj is counter intuitive and market flucuation is a lazy excuse from storj not to setup a central wallet and operators getting paid in token directly into thier sub wallet…

Please tola5 this has to make sence right…

Storj charges customers USD. SNOs earn USD ($1.5/TB, $20TB upload etc).
Storj uses the token to pay the earned USD amounts because it is cheaper/easier than doing wire transfer.

Right now, the token price is higher than it was a month ago. However, it can also drop. If the next two months the token price gets lower and lower, someone would be creating a new thread “I earned $50, but Storj paid me $20, because the token price dropped”.

I also think that zif you use zksync, then you get paid every month. I don’t use it, so I don’t really know, I don’t really care that I get paid every other month.

3 Likes

Thanks Pentium

but still does not explain why we get paid in USD then converted to Storj token when we could be paid direcly in Storj token for our operations.

Simon

Either way there will always be people unhappy with the chosen method I’m afraid ^^
If we were paid a fixed amount of Storj per TB, I guess what @Pentium100 described would happen:

Also if we were paid in Storj, that would be risky for StorjLabs I believe, because if its price were to rise a lot, they would pay SNOs more than what customers are paying, which would simply bankrupt their company.
Isn’t that right? :thinking:

3 Likes

Why…? Everything you want is already possible with zkSync. You must have seen me mention it at least 5 times now. And others as well. You’re not going to get a “solution” other than that, since it already solves what you want.

Here you literally respond to someone who says zkSync does exactly what you want. Yet, you chose to ignore that vital piece of information.

Well I wouldn’t use that word. But what would you call ignoring repeated advise and keep complaining about a problem that you yourself can solve? Please stop ignoring people who are helping you.

If you really wanted to find out why you’d know already, because I literally explained this in a response to you.

If Storj Labs held your payment in tokens you would have to take on market risks. And there would be no way to opt out. So instead of getting paid for the service you offer, you’d be getting paid with a gamble. You might want it that way (though I’m certain you would complain about the exact opposite if the token value went down), but others don’t. So, let’s look at what offers the most flexibility to SNOs.

Hold until payout in tokens that take on market risks => No way to avoid market risks
Hold until payout in USD without market risk => 1. Keep USD payouts and avoid risks. 2. Opt in for zkSync payouts and get tokens every month. 3. Buy tokens to opt into market risks.

USD payouts give you the flexibility to choose whether you take on market risks or not and ties the reward to the service provided. Token payouts would force that choice on SNOs and turns their rewards into a market gamble without any way to opt out.

Mining ETH creates ETH as a reward. Storj isn’t mining, you’re not creating tokens or earning tokens paid by others. You’re providing a service for which you are getting fair compensation, a service paid for in USD value by its customers as well. A service btw, that you would not be able to find customers for if they would have to pay specific token amounts for it as that would pose too much of a business risk for developers. This isn’t mining.

If you’re going to ignore this message again, I’m going to give up on you. There’s nothing left to do after explaining it this clearly.

9 Likes

We earn USD, not STORJ. The customers are being billed in USD.

I would definitely not want to be a cusomer of a company that would bill me in STORJ - one month I pay $10 for the service and the next month I pay $40 for the same service. That would be stupid.

So, if customers are being billed in USD, then we should be paid in USD as well, since it would not make sense for Storj to do otherwise.

The token is used only as a way to transfer USD easier/cheaper/faster than doing a wire transfer.

Running a Storj node is not “mining STORJ tokens”, like, say, running an ETH miner.

11 Likes

For Storjlabs would be best if the token value would not change. I wonder how USDT and all the other tokens which relate to fiat currency achieve that.

Oh Dear, Pentium and BrightSide,

Lets leave it here as this is taking up too much time for all of us
I dont think that Storj Would listen to me anyways but I had to reach out with my idea of a central wallet etc…

Have fun guys and I appreciate the info and time you took to reply!

Simon