Videocoin - what is it and how to use

I just found out that you have to share the video on twitter or reddit to get the 10 tokens, I guess my VID balance will stay at zero for the moment haha
On another note it makes no sense to say that they use “underutilized computer resources” when the amount to get in is 5k$. No one will put down that kind of money to earn a few bucks a month from their idle computer…

I also cannot understand why there is such a prohibitively high entrance fee if you want to reach high node numbers for processing.
It would be interesting to know if there is already much usage of the Storj integration.

1 Like

yeah that sure doesn’t seem like trying to generate hype without saying anything…

1 Like

It seems that the news are out:

Today, we are excited to announce that VideoCoin is integrating its decentralized video processing network with Filecoin to build the first platform specifically designed for creating and trading Video NFTs, the most compelling segment of the emerging global marketplace for digital collectibles.

AGAHAHAHAHAH that’s so sad…
didn’t they already partner with storjlabs for storage… so what do they need filecoin for execpt for name and hype.

i’m sure NFT videos and NFT trading and such will be a thing, but the odds of becoming the amazon, microsoft or the apple of NFT’s well doubtful thats now…

videocoin just lost a point with me… that moves indicates they don’t have much in their tech.

HEY STORJLABS
YOU CLEARLY NEED AN NFT MARKET PLACE lol

Yes: Roadmap for Storj Integration. It’s been just two weeks since we… | by Vivid Labs Team | VideoCoin | Medium

I ever wondered what happened to it after phase 1 as they had said:

Stay tuned for more information on the Storj partnership as we move forward with integration.

And now it is mid of April and they just announced a partnership with Filecoin…

well today it costs what… 30k to 300k $ to make a node for videocoin…
sure doesn’t seem like a money grab lol

their unreasonable prices for node sign up makes me hope theta crushes them into digital dust.

3 Likes

:joy:
Oh those 20 chars…

2 Likes

and will use the Filecoin blockchain for:

1. Storing and retrieving the media files
  2. Storing, retrieving, and establishing the NFT’s Proof of Ownership

Wow. They did not choose Storj for storing files.

why would they when all the hype is on filecoin because they have JPL and silicon valley people pushing them, offering support for high bandwidth mars to earth data transmission on the proposed pony express in like 2030 lol something which seems much easier solved with lasers / focused radio beams on stationary / semi stationary relay satellites… but thats just me… i take 20 minute latency over 20 days at any time lol

and assuming anyone knows how to deal with NFT’s these days is like people in ancient mesapotamia thinking they know what gold is good for.
we can’t understand the right ways to do nft’s today because we haven’t something like it used on a planetary scale…

it’s like insurance policies, the internet and pokemon cards had a mutant baby.
predicting the right way to do NFT’s at present is like tell us how the mutant baby would look and behave as an adult.

ill give it a year or two before they come crawling back…
think about how much work storj has put in… and filecoin is like a baby
when storj started building v3 of their network… filecoin had just launched their ICO

sure they had a massive thing out of that, given the backing they had…
but does money and silicon valley mean people will make a successful company or technology…
i think not… but the hype train has a long memory

if storj is lucky they may not have to rewrite their code from scratch for a decade or two…
while filecoin most likely will end up having to take theirs down and start from scratch atleast once if not more to reach the same level of maturity of storjlabs tardigrade solution.

lets see what is filecoin worth today… all in all

oh only an estimate 327billion dollars…
and if we change that into bitcoin… which is like 5.2 mil BTC currently…
which would give them a market cap / company evaluation equal to…

https://fiatmarketcap.com
norway or egypt which is about top 30 of the richest countries…
i think norway is like top 3 pr capita…

or lets translate it into companies, well samsung is nr 12 with 500bil $ evaluation…
and they have their own army… they build combat helicopters and tanks…
what does filecoin do again…

Everything seems to be a bit overhyped at the moment. Bitcoin as well as Tesla.

But I still think it is a sad move. But to be honest we do not know if there had been talks or who initiated the partnership originally (Videocoins Medium claims Storj Labs has joined their ‘Innovators program’). So maybe it was not Videocoin partnering with Storj but the other way around.

1 Like

i’m sure the filecoin hype will look very different in the bear market.

things are never simple… :smiley:

We’re good!

9 Likes