Wallet / payments

I need some assistance in getting my first payment(after the initial on received, I am still below the threshold) to money.

I have a Metamask wallet and not entirely sure how to go about the process(I suspect it is a little early, as I will probably not meet the minimum threshold for a while).

Right now my wallet has Storj(minimal) and ETH(0) tokens.

Since you are not opted-in for zkSync and cannot use tokens to pay transfer fee on L1, you need to buy ETH. There are a lot of places where you can do it - https://MyEtherWallet.com, https://coinmarketcap.com/ and other, you can Google for it, it’s location-dependent.
As soon as you get ETH to your address, you can send your tokens to centralized exchanges: Storj price today, STORJ live marketcap, chart, and info | CoinMarketCap or decentralized exchanges like uniswap.org or instant exchanges like https://changelly.com/ and many similar to get other tokens/coins (USDT or BTC for example) which you can then sell for fiat on your local exchanges (depends on location).
If you would use Binance for example, they have a p2p market, where you can sell crypto for fiat directly with other participants. The Kraken for example allow you to withdraw in fiat (not all countries) right from the exchange. And so on.
Make your own research before trading!

1 Like

Why do I need to opt in for zkSYnc? Why can I not use tokens to pay transfer fee on L1? What is L1? Why do I need to buy ETH?

The STORJ token is a token on the ethereum blockchain. On that blockchain you pay for transactions in ETH. zkSync is a layer on top of that blockchain that allows for cheaper transactions in that layer which is referred to as L2. In that layer you can use the storj token for the transaction fee. This includes withdrawals to any L1 address.

4 Likes

That doesn’t really answer my questions. (although I am not entirely sure if you are responding to me as there is no original context)

So, again, why do I need to opt in for zkSync? Why can I not use tokens to pay transfer fee on L1? What is L1? Why do I need to buy ETH?

You don’t need to, but if you don’t you will have to wait for payout to reach the minimum threshold. Which on new nodes might take a while.

I absolutely answered these. Please clarify what part wasn’t clear if you want more info.

L1 refers to the Ethereum main blockchain in this context. So tokens on L1 are tokens on the ethereum blockchain. Tokens on L2 are tokens managed on the zkSync level.

So I can not either one on the other then?

If you not opt-in, you will receive your tokens to your address when your earnings will clear the minimum threshold for L1 transaction (accumulated earnings should be in 4 times greater than fee to transfer it on L1).
If you opt-in for zkSync, you will receive tokens on your address on zkSync independently of minimum threshold on L1.

To move your tokens L1->L1 (Ethereum), you need to pay fee to miners in ETH.
To move your tokens L2->L2 (zkSync) you need to pay fee in STORJ tokens (it’s much lower than transfer fee on L1)
To withdraw your tokens from L2 to L1 you need to pay fee in STORJ tokens, the fee almost the same as L1->L1 transfer:

1 Like

[quote=“BrightSilence, post:6, topic:12338”]
You don’t need to, but if you don’t you will have to wait for payout to reach the minimum threshold. Which on new nodes might take a while.

Ok, so that is only to get incremental payouts? (I really have not issue with waiting on the minimum)

I absolutely answered these. Please clarify what part wasn’t clear if you want more info.

The same part that was initially asked.

So I can not use either one on the other one then?

No only. Some like the risk and want to take it and have an advantage from growing prices (but they could fall as well and then it would be losses). Also, some want to sell them ASAP to cover their expenses.

I don’t fully understand your question especially in quoted context.
Perhaps you want to know can you pay the fee in STORJ on Ethereum. The answer is NO.
Can you pay fee on L2 in STORJ tokens - YES. Can you pay fee on L2 in ETH - the answer again - YES.

L1 → L1 fee in ETH only
L2 → L2 fee in any supported token, include ETH.
L2 → L1 fee in any supported token, include ETH.
L1 → L2 fee in ETH only

The growing price of ETH or of storj tokens?

Yeah - the non quoted text / quoted text and nesting gets messy if not used properly. I will start a new thread with specific queries in the hope of getting an answer - this is too muddled at this point I think.

Hey, How about Coinpayments Wallet ? Is it safe for transcation ? Please share your views.
I only read about it in an article on CoinPedia but I’m interested in it but I have no idea about it. Share your thoughts.

Hello @nayanapatil,
Welcome to the forum!

I do not see that they provide you an access to your private keys, so your funds will belongs them. This is just-another-exchange.