Why FULL delete of account on forum disabled?

I want to delete my account (and all data) how can I do it?

1 Like

Hello, @jocelyn ! Please help me to delete my forum account :slight_smile:
I don’t need it anymore.

1 Like

Is there really a need to post publicly you wanna delete your account?

2 Likes

Yes, because there is no other option.

1 Like

Can somebody please help GrolaG to delete his account? :wink:

5 Likes

I think it not posible at all, if you delete from db owner of messages system will crash, it cant just write unknown Vasja

I have seen Delete account button under preferences in the early days of this forum. A google search shows, a user can be deleted by clicking said button or by admins manually. Posts are retained and the username is shown as “Removed Account/User”

1 Like

The delete button disappear, if you have more than 15 posts. Also, it can’t be deleted unless you first delete all your posts. The posts older than 60 days can’t be deleted even by moderators.
We search for solution and should consult with our lawyers how to do it with legal compliance.
Because there is Anonymize User button, which will anonymize all posts and remove any personal information, but leaves posts untouched.

5 Likes

Deleting an account and all the associated posts would break a lot of threads and make them lose context.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting your account deletion request. While we are sorry that you have decided to leave the community, per your request, your account will be deactivated. We wish you well on future projects.

4 Likes