Windows 10 Storj v3 Storage Node service not working (error 1067)

Hello,
i went through 2 power outages yesterday and looks like the storj app didn’t like that.

The Windows service doesn’t start (Storj v3 Storage Node) :
Windows could not start the Storj v3 Storage Node service on Local computer.
error 1067: the process terminared unexpectly

I looked in Programs & Features and there is no repair function.
I was running v 1.26.3, so went to the github and downloaded 1.29.3 ( storagenode_windows_amd64.msi.zip(https://github.com/storj/storj/releases/download/v1.29.3/storagenode_windows_amd64.msi.zip)
ran it and asked me if i wanted to update which i did. but unfortunately it didn’t fix/reinstall the service part.
So it still doesn’t work.

Any quick way to fix the service only?

thanks

Hi @EvilC0P,
The storagenode service is still there, but the software being called by the service will be closing due to an error. Please check your log file for the ERROR and FATAL entries - How do I check my logs? - Node Operator

edit - updated to new link

thanks for the tip, here’s the latest FATAL messages from the log i got :

2021-05-10T11:35:04.615-0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value”, “errorVerbose”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCacheData:96\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCache:36\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.NewPool:86\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.New:379\n\tmain.cmdRun:177\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:64\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

2021-05-10T11:35:26.772-0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value”, “errorVerbose”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCacheData:96\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCache:36\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.NewPool:86\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.New:379\n\tmain.cmdRun:177\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:64\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

2021-05-10T11:36:02.954-0400 INFO Configuration loaded {“Location”: “C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml”}

2021-05-10T11:36:02.988-0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value”, “errorVerbose”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCacheData:96\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCache:36\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.NewPool:86\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.New:379\n\tmain.cmdRun:177\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:64\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

2021-05-10T11:36:39.207-0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value”, “errorVerbose”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCacheData:96\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCache:36\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.NewPool:86\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.New:379\n\tmain.cmdRun:177\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:64\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

2021-05-10T11:37:05.590-0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value”, “errorVerbose”: “trust: malformed cache: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCacheData:96\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.LoadCache:36\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/trust.NewPool:86\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.New:379\n\tmain.cmdRun:177\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:64\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57”}

i have a basic installation of the application, using all default settings/locations. beside for the storj data folder which is on an other drive.

I can’t tell much from this what it means, beside that the cache is corrupted? can i just delete it? or is it something else.

thanks in advance

To fix an issue - please:

1. Stop the storagenode service either from the Services applet or from the elevated PowerShell:
Stop-Service storagenode
  1. Check disk for errors with correction.
  2. Remove the trust-cache.json from the data location
  3. Restart the storagenode service either from the Services applet or from the elevated PowerShell:
Restart-Service storagenode
  1. Check your logs.

thanks Alexey
deleting the trust-cache.json fixed my problem!
cheers

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Upload failed: Unexpected EOF

I have the same problem with error 1067, and i cant start the service.
I did try removeing trust-cache.json but it did not help.

Pulled the error log and it looks like this:

Hi @atego
Your error is different than the ones in this thread. This is the relevant issue:

Check DNS resolution on your node/router/ISP.

1 Like

If you have a restrictive firewall, then please disable all outbound rules, because your node will connect to any other nodes in the internet using literally any port and address, so you should not block any outgoing connections.
If you have an advanced antivirus, please add your storagenode service and binary to the exceptions list of your antivirus.