Windows installation help

I’m not sure why this is happening. I have windows 10 home if that helps.

Welcome to the forum @ChesterCheese!

Try removing folder from C:\program files\Storj and try it again.

I tried that and a new problem arises. I’m on an account with administrator rights so I’m not sure what to do now.

1. Uninstall the storagenode
  2. Remove the C:\Program Files\Storj
  3. Remove the %AppData%\Storj\Storagenode
  4. Extract the msi installer from the zip archive to the Downloads folder
  5. Run the msi installer from the Downloads folder
  6. Use the default installation path
1 Like

The same thing still happens.

How did you get past the “Service ‘Storj V3 Storage Node’ (storagenode) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.” error?

Please, show the 20 last lines from your logs (Powershell as normal user):

cat -tail 20 "$env:ProgramFiles\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.log"

Oh, sorry, the excess dash

Show output of this command. Use powershell for it.

Get-Service Storagenode*

I did the wrong thing at first.

Is your user have an administrator’s rights?
Do you have a non-empty password for your user?

Please, show the result of the command:

ls (sls "identity.cert-path: (.*)" 'C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml').Matches.Groups[1].Value

My user is an administrator account
I don’t know what you mean by non-empty. Do you mean if it’s password protected then yes.

Please, show the result of the command:

ls (sls "storage.path: (.*)" 'C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml').Matches.Groups[1].Value

Please, search errors related to storagenode in the system events journals and paste them here.

storjhelp9

As you can see, the path which you specified as your storage doesn’t exist. Please, create it and restart the service from the elevated Powershell

Restart-Service storagenode

Then check your logs

Your external address is specified to the local network, it will not be available from outside. You should specify there either your public static IP or DDNS hostname.

That folder has has been there. D:\storj\ does exist so I’m not sure why that happens.

Please, try to install the storagenode again, but remove the C:\Program Files\Storj first.
Make sure to select the existing path for your storage, and that you (and SYSTEM) can write files and folders to it.
How is your D: connected?