Your Node has Gone Offline Europe-North-1/US2 satellite

I’ve just received 2 emails from the Europe-North-1 and US2 satellites with he subject message. I’ve gone and restarted my Node but I’m not sure if that fixes anything since I don’t see those 2 satellites listed when I check stats. My node ID is: 12mYxtBsxSKpbZrh1bwZ9kMrrPx2W9SxDu62qrJWaFHcsCb4xkV.

The email says I will be suspended if it is not fixed. What do I need to do to fix this?

EU north 1 and us2 are gone. You can ignore the email. I got the same one.

2 Likes

I think this is related to

I have received two emails, one for each satellite, plus all three of my nodes no longer show those satellites in the console.

I think this is expected - but an email in advance of the closure might have been useful

2 Likes

Thx… weird they would generate those emails… :roll_eyes:

Thx… I must have missed or just forgot about the about that announcement… but still strange they would email about satellites they are shutting down.

I think that email is the one you would normally get if your node had gone offline unexpectedly - probably an automated system to detect offline nodes/satellites and let node operators know - so useful.

Under the circumstances (two satellites being withdrawn) I kind of feel like it would have been appropriate to send an email reminder in advance, or using the under-utilised notification system in the webapp, to actually let folks know it was happening today/tomorrow… rather than just having a somewhat alarming “If your node remains offline, you may be suspended or disqualified” email turn up… I mean the announcement was 5 months ago… just my two cents…

1 Like

Whoops, looks it they forgot to take those out of the alerting :grimacing:

Hi everyone,
I just recevied 2 email this mornning with the content below
Your Node has Gone Offline Europe-North-1 satellite
Your Node has Gone Offline US2 satellite

If your node remains offline, you may be suspended or disqualified.

From Storj Labs hello@storj.io email address.
Is this safe to ignore this email because I though we shutdown that 2 satelite ?

I received the same emails too.

It’s all fine, please have a look here: