Your Node has gone offline emails from delisted satellites (no reason for concern)

I just received an email that one of my nodes is offline on europe-north-1. I didn’t tell the node to forget the satellites, yet the dashboard no longer shows it.

My guess is this is because the satellite has been removed from the trust list (along with us2) at https://www.storj.io/dcs-satellites .
So far I only see this happening on one of my nodes, but if this is going to trigger offline emails for all nodes, you’re going to scare a lot of node operators for no reason. These mails are always scary to receive and not everyone would immediately link it to the decommissioned satellites.

Perhaps list the satellites again until you can turn off offline notifications on these satellites.

Edit: I see a few people who haven’t been on the forums for a while, post responses. So to clarify: These emails or the disappearance of the two satellites on the dashboard are no reason for concern. Europe-north-1 and us2 have been decommissioned and the emails are just a (possibly unexpected) artefact of the shutdown process. See: Announcement: Storj to shut down europe-north-1 and us2
Your nodes are fine.

8 Likes

No mails for me, but same dashboard.

only if you did not getting them before. so SNOs get :face_with_raised_eyebrow: desensibilisied :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

yea its kickin in!
just got one, email of doom:

"Your Storage Node on the US2 satellite has gone offline.

If your node remains offline, you may be suspended or disqualified."

1 Like

yeah I got the same, some of my nodes have already removed those sats from dashboard, but didnt run the forget command. Should I still run the command?

#edit

Also the weird thing I noticed, I ran forget command for 3 nodes, and it was showing 0% and it was all red for those sats, but now 1 of those nodes don’t show the sats at all, like for @BrightSilence
and 2 of them started showing 100% online back again… but it was 0% and all red cause they were removed. Weird

Glad you posted this, I’ve literally just received an email for Europe-North-1
Did confuse me and made me go check my nodes “just in case” :wink:

where to run the forget satellites command?
How?

Hi all,

The same just happened to me. On 7 out of the 8 nodes The results are like that:

…where the only one left with all 6 satellites looks like this:

Should I worry?

You can find it here: How To Forget Untrusted Satellites

I have a feeling this is going to be a busy topic. More emails pouring in now for multiple of my nodes from both decommissioned satellites.

For anyone reading up here who hasn’t been around the forums for a while, as long as these emails are from europe-north-1 or us2, there is nothing to worry about and the emails can be ignored. These satellites have been shut down and the emails are an artefact of the shut down process. But please don’t ignore emails like this from any other satellites.

3 Likes

Hi @BrightSilence,

When you say that these satellites have been shut down, do you mean that it was planned to be decommissioned? Is there any announcement from the past about that?

With kind regards,
Angelos Pitsos

Yes Announcement: Storj to shut down europe-north-1 and us2

1 Like

Hi,
I got an E.mail about a node that gone offline:

When I check sattelites I have it looks like this:

Am I disqualified? or what is the situation here?

Hi,

2 Servers have been decomissioned. Please check here:

So all is okay you can ignore that mail

regards

Anon22

2 Likes

I found the same message in my mail today.
I checked my port forward and ping to all sattelites
and here my results
ping europe-north-1.storj.io
ping: europe-north-1.storj.io: Name or service not known

ping us2.storj(dot)io
PING us2.storj(dot)io (35.229.65.196) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from (35.229.65.196): icmp_seq=1 ttl=99 time=136 ms
64 bytes from (35.229.65.196): icmp_seq=2 ttl=99 time=136 ms
64 bytes from(35.229.65.196): icmp_seq=3 ttl=99 time=138 ms

so ping is working.
this one dose not resolving europe-north-1.storj-io

checked if port forward is working ok…
so its now unclear what to do next.
also there is a limit for posting link for new users. so i modified dot to (.)

Only about your number of open tabs in the browser. :rofl: I thought my browser was a mess, but you got me beat for sure.

I’ve edited the top post to clarify that there is nothing to be worried about and added it to the subject. It’s unfortunate these mails went out, they should have prevented that from happening. So many posts here and on duplicate topics are from people who haven’t been around for a while and weren’t prepared with any context as to why this might be happening. I’d say this was a bit of an oopsie.

No problem, its the goodby from the retired sattelite

Interesting… I got this offline notification on one of my three nodes today morning, despite having used the forget-satellite command on all three of them until yesterday :thinking:

I assume related to this, Storj Network Statistics - Grafana (storjstats.info) is showing roughly the same amount of nodes offline as online:

I received the same email about node offline Europe-North-1 satellite, do I have to worry about it? My 2 nodes are all online. Thanks.

Those Sats have been shut down, you don’t need to do anything.