zkSync and Banxa

ZKSYNC LITE AND BANXA
Is Banxa not supported on zkSync anymore? This was my preferred method of withdrawing from zksync to my Euro account. For some time I have not been touching my zkSync (lite) account but today I noticed that it seems like there is no Banxa anymore or maybe I am wrong and there still is a way to withdraw from zkSync Lite to FIAT account with Banxa?

ZKSYNC ERA AND BANXA
I have not been researching zkSync Era so far, but my guess is that I would have to create a zkSync Era account and bridge zkSync Lite to zksync Era for example with txSync (https://portal.txsync.io/) to transfer my current funds. Is this correct?

And is there any support for withdrawing to FIAT with the use of Banxa on zkSync Era, or there is no?

OTHER RECOMMENDED WAYS
Would you have any other recommendations?

The reason I am asking is that I had KYC with Banxa thus I would like to still use this way for FIAT transfers.

I guess you may skip any transitions and withdraw directly to L1? Then any exchanges are open for you.

Well, yes, as I understand it, there is a direct option to transfer to L1 on zkSync Lite, however, the whole point of zkSync is to do all the things on L2 cheaper. There used to be Banxa directly on zkSync Lite as an off-ramp to FIAT but currently it seems that there is no Banxa anymore there. :- )

So I am considering two options:

a) staying on zkSync ecosystem and moving from zkSync Lite to zkSync Era but how to do it, is there any tutorial on Storj website (it looks like you are promoting both Lite and Era so this would be very useful, I guess there is a significant number of people here who are using Lite and would like to use Era but have some financial resources parked on Lite which is preventing them to do so immediately). Is txSync the proffered way?

and

b) not touching zkSyn Era yet and going for example the Coinbase way as described here.

I would be very happy to stay within zkSync ecosystem but have to learn more about it. I am currently wondering if there is: - Banxa supported on zkSync Era (this would be a kind of a continuation for me) and if there is any exchange on zkSync Era with a stop loss option and ideally support for derivatives like long, short positions (this would be better then zigzag)?

I will do some reading on those topics but if you have any comments please let me know here.

I did not find the exact answer, but from what my quick research shows, you need to use a bridge between networks. There is at least one, which can do this.
The other way is to use two steps:

1. Withdraw to L1 address where you are in control of the keys
  2. Deposit to zkSync Era

No, I didn’t see. However if you would find a way and share with the Community how to do that, it might be converted to the manual.

As far as I understand, Matter Labs wants to attract different bridge operators too, like you may see on their page above. There is a matter of choice and it’s up on you.
You also may see a list of exchanges on their site too.
We have no influence on this. So I suggest to study their offerings on their site.

It seems there is no off ramp directly from zkSync Lite anymore and the resources are tunneled to L1 or to the exchanges. The same seems to apply to zkSync Era as it seems no off ramp there as well.

To transfer resources from zkSync Lite to zkSync Era or directly to the exchanges it is possible to use https://portal.txsync.io or https://www.layerswap.io. With txsync it might be possible to transfer STORJ (I am not sure) with layerswap only ETH or USDC.

I found out that Banxa is one of the withdrawing options available on OKX exchange.

did you try their other bridges?

Can you be more specific please? Which one do you have on your mind? There are the following options listed currently on zkSync Era.

Bridges & Wallets:
txSync
L2Scan Portal
Layerswap
Rhino
zkSync Lite

Exchanges:
Binance
ByBit
OKX
Crypto

Fiat on-ramps:
Ramp
Transak

I do not know. My opinion it shoud be Layerswap?

:- ), indeed, could be only Layerswap but then it looks like only ETH and USDC and I currently have only USDT on zkSync Lite so I cant test it immediately. BTW, I just connected my Metamask wallet to txSync Portal and it looks like the resources I have on my zkSync Lite are not visible there.

The most worrying thing is that it seems there is no off-ramp anymore on zkSync as it significantly changes the risk profile (vide going through large exchanges to withdraw to FIAT, I am not paranoid but vide again FTX madness) and if you abandon large exchanges route you are left with L1, in such a case whats the point of using zkSync Era from the point of view of service providers like us, the cost on us would be higher, wouldn’t it :- )?

But hey, I am no crypto guru, I have Metamask wallet and ETH account there, I connect to zkSync Lite with zkSync Wallet | zkSync: secure, scalable crypto payments. Is my zkSync Era address the same as my ETH account and this is what I should put into Layerswap when asked about my zkSync Era address or I need to activate this zkSync Era account / address in any special way?

Perhaps you need to add a contract address somewhere?

I believe, there some inconvenience using an emergency technology right now…
But… You know… i’m very eager to do something with that right now, you know…
Sorry

Who knows? :- ) twenty characters

1 Like

I would like to repeat my question as above.

yes, it should be the same. But you need to be in a control of its private keys.