ZKSync to Fiat, my experience and fees today

I started a 5TB node February 2022. Until today, I have received a bit more than 600 Storj. Today, I decided it was time to cash out for the first time. Since it took me a bit of research to figure out the exact way, I figured I’d write down my experience here for others:

First, I withdrew my L2 Storj from the zksync Wallet to the Storj deposit address of Coinbase, as I already had an Account with Coinbase. This cost me around 2USD in Fees (my Wallet was already activated earlier). On Coinbase, I sold my Storj. I paid 3USD in fees and received 205€ for my Storj, which I withdrew to my bank account via SEPA transfer, which cost an additional 0.15€ in fees. Overall, I am happy with the amount of fees I paid, although I did have to save 18 Months to accrue the amount of Storj and the tokens lost some value during that time.

9 Likes

That’s an excellent success story. Thanks for sharing with the community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It would be great if they would allow you to link an L2 zkSync wallet as a payment wallet on Stoj Accounts so you can pay your usage fees.

I am aware that you can simply put the L1 Storj wallet from the storage account into your node config, but seems like it would be better to run it all L2.

3 Likes

this feature is already on our roadmap to be implemented (hopefully soon)

1 Like

Which, L2 zkSync from nodes direct to storj storage account for billing?

Yes please!