Zksync, zksync era, never received a single transaction since april 2024

Hi everybody,

I have been operating a node since april 2024. I understand there are withheld amounts etc. and so for a while nothing would have been paid out. However each month I see some small amount that should have gone out (I think). July for example about 11$ out of 22.

I am also confused about zksync. When I started the node, I configured it to use zksync. Following the documentation I setup a zksync address with https://lite.zksync.io/ where I connected my metamask ethereum wallet, and entered this zksync address in the storj node config. The node frontend shows that zksync is enabled.

Now I see in the forums that there is also zksync-era. Which should be used ? is zksync deprecated and that is why I received no transactions on zksync ?
Also, I tried connecting my metamask wallet to zksync-era following this guide https://www.coingecko.com/learn/add-zksync-era-metamask
and now I am a bit confused, the storj docs mention to use the zksync lite block explorer. Is there not a separate zksync-era block explorer ?
Do I need a balance on zksync in order to receive payment ?
The receiving wallet address is the same as my ETH address ? Am I doing something wrong here… ?

I haven’t used zksync: so be suspicious of my comments :slight_smile: . But from what I understand only Era is now supported (“future payouts will no longer respect zkSync Lite preferences. Future payouts will simply choose your preference between zkSync Era and Layer 1”).

So now that we’re in August… if you hadn’t switched to “zksync-era” by the end of July the system will try to pay your L1 address: and L1 has higher minimum-payout amounts. You may unfortunately be in a position where your first-3-months-75%-holdback combines with that high L1 minimum… and you still don’t have enough banked to receive a payout in August either.

If so, that would suck, but it does get better. Your payouts increase as your node grows, and the holdback percentages drop: so you soon start reliably receiving coins at the start of each month. Hang in there!

2 Likes

Hi @brainstorm ,

This is a zkSync Era Block Explorer

You may be experiencing the delay described by @Roxor due to the system trying to pay your L1 and not meeting the minimum payout threashold.

I’m about to head out for the day so I will tag @Alexey in here for his expert opinion.
Don’t worry. It will get sorted.

ok so basically it’s probable no transaction was ever attempted.

I just need to change the setting in config.yaml to zksync-era, keep my ETH wallet address as is, and it should work ?

What does the payment appear as in metamask ? I do not see any option to receive storj tokens.

Yes, that should work.

I think zksync is a useless network, and all SNOs should get payments sent to a L1 exchange address… so they can sell their tokens to fiat five minutes after receiving them. But I’m not your mom :wink:

ok but supposedly zksync helps save fees, so why not use it

Save fees… doing what?

I want to turn spare space (and a bit of power+internet) into gas in my tank and groceries in my cart. Any fees I save with a zksync-era payout I immediately lose with horrible-spreads/poor-liquidity swapping back to a stablecoin I can withdraw-to-fiat… or I just have to pay a L1 fee myself to bridge the coins somewhere useful (like an exchange) to get cash out.

If you want Storj payouts to help with your living expenses… zksync-era costs you more.

2 Likes

Could you please show, which docs do you mean?
I do not see any mentions of zkSync Lite block explorer on our page:

About how to add STORJ tokens to your wallet is explained here:

ok I can not find the reference anymore :man_shrugging:

why would I want to add storj token ? I just want to either keep the STORJ in my wallet or eventually exchange/sell it for ETH or some currency.
Do I need to first buy some STORJ tokens in order to receive any ?

In this case “add Storj token to your wallet” means making your wallet able to hold and display your Storj tokens. Not independently purchasing Storj tokens and depositing them in your wallet.

Some wallets have Storj token wallet services available by default.
Some wallets you must manually select that you want Storj token wallet services to be available in your wallet.

If you follow the links Alexey gave you, they will explain the process.

2 Likes

ok so I see a few differences. I use the metamask extension, and contrary to the documentation here there is no import token on the token tab. However, going to the metamask website, then portfolio and connecting the wallet, there is a way to import tokens ((More…->Import token)
And BTW, searching for storj gives 4 different tokens, fortunately only one token when searching for the contract (as expected).
However, I can’t add the token to my wallet as there is no account balances. Because I have never been paid by storjs :slight_smile:

Ok so I guess I will try next month to add the storj token to my wallet, maybe there will be a positive balance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would expect that Metamask can recognize STORJ tokens automatically. I gave an instruction only on case, if it’s not.