April 6, 2022: Ethereum Layer 1, zkSync, and Polygon Payouts for the month of March are now complete

Hello! Payouts for the completed month of March are complete.

For layer 1 payments, we paid 613 unique wallet addresses. All of these wallet addresses earned enough that the fee wasn’t more than 25% of the payout amount. As a reminder, we are planning to further restrict this minimum payout threshold to 10% in the coming months. As stated in prior months, there was no specific minimum, but it appears the pipeline paid everyone who earned $30 or more. So if you earned below $30 and did not specify zkSync or Polygon, unfortunately you’ll have to wait for next month.

For zkSync payments, we paid 1274 unique wallet addresses. Everyone who opted into zkSync got a 10% bonus (and will again next month)! Thanks for participating in the future of Ethereum scaling with us!

Finally, Polygon payments. We paid 63 unique wallet addresses through Polygon. If you’re interested in learning how to enable this, please see the announcement post.

Across all layers, we paid 1945 unique addresses. As always, if you have more questions, please make sure you’ve read through our mega FAQ.

The policies put in place regarding bonuses for nodes operated in Ukraine from last month are still in place.

11 Likes

Storj fluctuates like crazy, so what date is chosen for the payout? Is it 1 April, or 6th April?

Not what you want to hear but there is no set time/date - SNO Payment mega-FAQ

I don’t think the FAQ @Stob linked has the actual answer or at least not a complete answer. Yes the payout time isn’t set. But I think an important part of the question was which value was used. Storj always uses the value at time of payout for the exchange rate. This value is adjusted based on fluctuations during payouts as well.

@jtolio: It would be really awesome if we could get the exchange rate used during payout as part of the receipt sent back to nodes. This is the one missing link atm to compare exact payout amount with earnings. And while I’m asking, maybe also some way to see the zksync bonus in the receipt data.

4 Likes

Hmm, this is a good feature request @BrightSilence. There are a couple of facts about the transaction that would be good to include in the transaction receipt. I actually think we should already have the USD amount distributed alongside the transaction, so maybe we can just display that? Of course, bonuses do complicate things to be sure. Would that be an okay start?

The amount is there in the receipt table, but doesn’t include the zkSync bonus. None of the node db’s have that anywhere currently (at least I couldn’t find it). I already display this amount in my earnings calculator. For the zkSync bonus I add 10% manually in the calculator because I can’t source it from the db’s. So yes it would help.

But my last payout happened during a time of a bit of volatility in value, so it’s hard to determine in hindsight what the actual exchange rate should have been. Etherscan shows a value at time of transaction, but they use very infrequent snapshots and they can be wildly inaccurate. zkScan doesn’t show this at all.

When I check now I usually calculate the exchange rate based on the STORJ I received and the totals of those USD receipt numbers + 10%. Then I look whether that exchange rate seems about right. But honestly, with some of the swings it’s even hard to determine whether the 10% zksync bonus was even included (I’m sure it was, but I like to trust but verify).

Having the exchange rate would help a lot to be able to do exact checks. It would also be possible to include the amount of STORJ then.

1 Like

For me it sounds a bit unfair that different exchange rates are used. Is there a downside in using a fixed rate set at the beginning of the cycle. That way, your payout would not be influenced by the position in the payout queue.

The reason for the exchange rate being used at the time of payout is because you are compensated in the USD equivalent in STORJ token. If a fixed exchange rate was used, someone could end up being paid less or more USD than they are owed. If the exchange rate goes down by the time a payment comes through, the value to the SNO will go down as well.

4 Likes

Usually within 24 hours of the payouts being completed my node updates to show the transaction, however we’re two days later and my node is now showing an undistributed amount and no transaction link.

If you see an undistributed amount, then the satellites did not send payout for your node. Make sure that zkSync or Polygon are enabled.
If you expect an L1 payout, then perhaps it’s less than $30

I have the payout in my L1 wallet, that’s why it’s odd.

I see. Could you please restart the service and hard refresh the dashboard (Shift-F5)?

I tried that, but it still shows the same…

Could you please give me your NodeID?

127wtGkEyyXmPdqMuVp7xbEAkiABV4ef5hXNhmpFZpZ8kfZ797G

I do not have data for March yet, weird.

I see the same on all my nodes. Got paid just over $30, but all my nodes say undistributed

Same for me, I got the payout on L1 and have a high undistributed value in my dashboards now…

And by the way, the payout site is still glitching in Safari on iOS:

Please submit an issue on GitHub about dashboard on mobile devices.

1 Like