Mar 9, 2022: Ethereum Layer 1, zkSync, and Polygon Payouts for the month of February are now complete

Hello! Payouts for the completed month of February are complete.

For layer 1 payments, thanks to low gas, we paid 2647 unique wallet addresses, over 12 times more than last month. All of these wallet addresses earned enough that the fee wasn’t more than 25% of the payout amount. As a reminder, we are planning to further restrict this minimum payout threshold to 10% in the coming months. As stated in prior months, there was no specific minimum, but it appears the pipeline paid everyone who earned $19 or more. So if you earned below $19 and did not specify zkSync or Polygon, unfortunately you’ll have to wait for next month.

For zkSync payments, we paid 1246 unique wallet addresses. Everyone who opted into zkSync got a 10% bonus (and will again next month)! Thanks for participating in the future of Ethereum scaling with us!

For our second month ever, Polygon payments! We paid 54 unique wallet addresses through Polygon. If you’re interested in learning how to enable this, please see the announcement post.

Across both layers, we paid 3924 unique addresses. As always, if you have more questions, please make sure you’ve read through our mega FAQ.

Regarding Ukraine and eastern Europe - we’re announcing today that:

1. We have donated to the Ukraine Emergency Response Fund to support people in Ukraine
  2. We will not be charging Ukrainian customers until July of 2022 or until the situation is resolved.
  3. We doubled all payments for Ukrainian nodes this month, and will continue this to provide additional income for the next several months.
  4. We are matching employee donations to the Ukraine Emergency Response Fund.

So, if you operate a storage node in Ukraine, your payout should look a little larger. This is in addition to any zkSync bonus.

The issue is much larger in scope than these relatively small steps, and we firmly support our team members in Ukraine and everyone fighting for Ukraine, including those Russian and Belarusian people who are doing their best to advocate ending this unjustified war against Ukraine. 621e48c4119670aeeb4309f0_storj-logo-type-ukr

If you operate a node in Russia, the Crimea peninsula, Donetska Oblast, or Luhanska Oblast, please see yesterday’s post regarding sanctions, and our companion blog post regarding Russian network connectivity uncertainty and our position for Russian node operators.

15 Likes

As always, thanks for the update!

Interesting observation though, looking at etherscan.io this time my payment didn’t come from the “usual” wallet (ends b44b) but a wallet that shows as labeled “zkSync” (ends fbef). I hadn’t opted in for zkSync and I see this still went to my normal wallet as a Storj Erc20 token, so I know this is a payment just like the prior ones. Just curious as to details about the change in sending wallet.
Screenshot from 2022-03-09 14-48-52
(Note that the above timestamps might be a reasonable indicator to new node operators what to expect when sharing ~4.5TB of space which isn’t all yet populated and receiving Storj Erc20 tokens at the 25% threshold. The 456d payment was just after I started my node and before any threshold, which as jtolio reminds us will shift to 10%.)

1 Like

Good question regarding source wallet @Craig - this also happens to be the second month we used zkSync’s infrastructure to pay layer 1 transactions as well, but I forgot to leave a note about it again. We paid layer 1 via zkSync withdrawal, so that’s why it looks like that.

3 Likes

@Alexey please can you pin the thread again for a few weeks :slight_smile:

What was the layer 1 payment threshold for this month? Also, going forward, can that be mentioned in a month to month basis in the payments completed post?

Until exchanges begin to accept zksync deposits, remaining on layer 2 feels like a courtesy to the project to save transaction expenses.

Edit: I should read more carefully next time, the answer to my question was already included in the OP.

This information maybe?

3 Likes