June 8, 2023, Ethereum Layer 1 and zkSync payouts for the month of May are complete

Hello! Payouts for the completed month of May are complete.

First off, please make sure you saw our announcement about changing payout rates that have taken effect May 1.

For layer 1 payments, we paid 3,299 unique wallet addresses. Gas fees were high last month and dropped this month so we had some to clear out! There is no specific minimum payment threshold but it appears the pipeline was able to pay out for people who earned $6 or more.

For zkSync Legacy payments, we paid 1,843 unique wallet addresses. Everyone who opted into zkSync got a 10% bonus!

While we no longer support Polygon, we now want to invite folks to try out zkSync Era. If you are ready to opt in to our zkSync Era trial, you’ll need to update your wallet features similar to the original zkSync.

The wallet features value is an ordered list and can include multiple values. Here is how you would specify preferring zkSync Era to zkSync Legacy, and zkSync Legacy to layer 1 in your config file:

operator.wallet-features: ["zksync-era", "zksync"]

And here is how you would specify it on the command line:

--operator.wallet-features=zksync-era,zksync

If you don’t want zkSync Legacy and want payments to fall back to layer 1 directly, only add zksync-era to the list of supported wallet features for your node.

Across all layers, we paid 5,125 unique addresses. As always, if you have more questions, please make sure you’ve read through our mega FAQ.

The policies put in place regarding bonuses for nodes operated in Ukraine are still in place.

10 Likes

Thanks @jtolio ! Have the new payout rates been applied for the test satellites? I still don’t see them reported on the side of my nodes, even after the payout cycle.

if want to use just zksync era only?what the command line to edit?

Yes they have! I had to double check a few times, but the amounts sent were reflective of the new rates.

Just list zksync-era and don’t include zksync.

That’s good to hear. The differences would be quite small as the affected satellites have little egress.
When do you expect the node databases (pricing.db) will be updated with the new rates?

When do you expect the node databases (pricing.db) will be updated with the new rates?

My internal response to your question was “…we did?”. Then this turned into a rabbit hole. It turns out we had two separate places that configured the pricing. One was used for telling storage nodes, and a different one actually mattered. We had only changed the second one. :see_no_evil:

https://review.dev.storj.io/c/storj/storj/+/10538 Should fix the general issue, but we’re going to roll out a change that updates the other config values here soon. Sorry about this and stay tuned.

5 Likes

Glad I asked then. :joy: I see you’re taking quick action though. On a Friday even. Respect!
Looking forward to the change. I’ve been wanting to test my changes to my earnings calculator with actual data since I updated it. :wink:

3 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Are there any advantages for ZkSync Era over Legacy?

Looks like it worked now! Thanks @jtolio

1 Like