December payout question

To receive your held amount for example. But it’s of course is up on you, you decide what to do with your earnings.

1 Like

Unfortunately not, because storjlabs decides Alone about our earnings and when they Maybe will be paid :grimacing:

Sorry, i couldnt resist with this sarcastic Comment :grimacing::joy:

1 Like

I see that :slight_smile:
But what you suggest? Send $6 with $10 fee?
By the way, what the size of your 13-months old node?

1 Like

where i can opt in and get my payout? Any informations about that?

this way you can opt-in

You will be able to opt-in in the storagenode’s software, our devs implementing that right now.
Until that we support a manual enabling for your wallet address (and perhaps NodeIDs, if you want to receive payouts via L2 only for specific nodes).
You can request it https://support.storj.io or send to me a wallet address or NodeIDs via DM. I’ll collect them and send to the team.

Thanks! and sorry for the bad blood. i just dont understand why the payouts are not in the middle of a month were gas fee´s are lower.
for example last month the gas fee was very low in the middle of the month. like 39gwei.

2 Likes

Like I mentioned in the other thread I truly can understand the problem with the high gas Fees.
And I support the solutions storjlabs is now working on.

But the Problem with increasing gas prices wasnt a surprise, it was mentioned many times (like you said), but storjlabs didnt take care of it.
So it would have been professional to say “In the next payment cycle in one month” or “in two month” we have to take this decision. So there would have been enough time to deal with the situation and to inform the storagenode-operators.

To say 2 Days before the regular payment cycle “Guys there is a well known problem and we will hold your earnings, if you want to get your earnings you can switch to our experimental L2-support in 2 Weeks” is in my eyes very disappointing and destroiys a lot of trust - like the reactions show.
Its not a really big thing, but the signal is a big thing.
What if storjlabs decides by the next payment Cycle that only the guys with red hair gets their payment? Or some other Reason to hold earnings or change the payouts? I nevermind this a few weeks ago. Now my trust is not so high. Its all about trust.

And in my opinion its the fault of storj to be not prepared for the high gas prices and its
entrepreneurial risk which you roll off on the storagenode-operators now. So yes, I mean storj has to send $6 with $10 fee till there is a working solution for all.

But like I said before, I love the Project and I have to be conform with the situation.
I have 8 Nodes now and will let them run, even my 13 month old one :wink:
I think I will get a Payment this month, but I cannot be sure and there are a lot of other operators who dont.

So lets get forward with the project, but storjlabs has to deal with the critical postings of me and others :wink:

Best wishes

2 Likes

That’s an interesting question. It is mostly related to when all data is collected from storagenodes to the satellites, it’s needed to properly settle orders. And also we want to send payout as soon as possible.
The current situation with high fee is not fit well to this scenario.
I would ask the team, maybe it could have some sense to try to send in the middle of the month instead of trying to send ASAP.

The gas price it’s a one thing, the resulting fee is the other.
For example - if gas price 39 Gwei, so if the average TX would cost 65000 of gas used (an average gas amount on tokens transfer), the fee would be 39 Gwei * 65000 = 2535000 Gwei or 0.002535 ETH. With current price of ETH $1,686.89 it will be $4.27626615
Right now the gas price is 120Gwei though.

1 Like

I have 10.5TB after 13 months 3 weeks

receive when? in another 1-3 months? :wink: and at what token’s price? you’re delayed already

I read a lot of disappointment on this forum about this sudden change in payment approach, which is understandable.
On the other hand, http://storjnet.info/ doesn’t report a lot of nodes leaving the network.

So maybe it’s not such of a massive problem…

I think it might be mostly difficult for new SNOs though: they are the ones who (without L2) would have to wait forever their payments, as long as fees stay high. That could make Storj less accessible for new comers (again, without L2).

WHENEVER we get the payout, it has to be calculated at that day it should’ve come… and yeah, not IN USD, because we get payed in STORJ.

So, if the DEC payment ist missing, you have to calculate what the STORJ price was at that date and reserve that amount of STORJ in that node’s “wallet”.
Same with JAN payment and so on. Then accumulate it and send it, if it’s over the threshold.

BUT if you just convert it at the date the requirements are met, you just steal us that increase or have to deal with a possible price drop… that’s just plain dumb :confused:

2 Likes

you’re just saying that because at the moment you would gain from it. If it were the other way around and you’d lose money because the price changes, you’d complain that storjlabs steals your earnings…

7 Likes

That is not true, I also pointed out the other way around.
And it’s not that I will cry about the price increase of like 18% of my $30…lol.
It’s just not fair, that’s all.

-> they messed up to find a way for an in time payment (GAS price rising is no surprise)
-> they messed up communicating to us
-> I did my work and fulfilled my part of the “contract”…easy as that.

But whatever, everybody has to do their own choices, how to proceed or not.

2 Likes

If Storagelabs would do this then guys like you were the first to complain about it when the price falls.

One suggestion, buy as much STORJ now as your expected payout would be. Then when you get the payment, sell the STORJ you just got and you’re in profit. Simples

3 Likes

Guys like me…seems you know me quite well…lol.

Okay fine. I stop here…seems I am the enemy now! :slight_smile:

“guys like you” as in “guys who complain about the missed increased value of STORJ”.

What would you do with your $30 worth of tokens? If you try to exchange it you’ll be hit by the same high gas price too.

still better than having nothing

Then opt-in for L2. And you will decide - would you like to spend all tokens on fee now or wait for the right moment.
I would suspect that the waiting will match the time when you could receive your accumulated payment on L1…

1 Like