December payout question

Funds are held in USD. The exchange rate to STORJ is calculated at the time of the transaction. So your December funds will also be payed at the exchange rate when it is paid to you.

Yep that‘s the way it will be. Its ok but makes the unprofessional decision by storjlabs More annoying. In fact a big Part of the storagenode-operators will get 30% less coins (and in fact 30% less money) they would have become in january - and than other Operator got who was above the arbitrarily border of payments :wink:

And ist looks like a lot of us will not even get a payment this month.

I know storjlabs Acts totally ok in the Sense of the Terms of Service.
But the Signals to the SNOs couldnt be worse.

Just my2cents :wink:

3 Likes

Do you know what will be January Threshold?

What if someone do an exit while the gas price are high? Storj still need to pay the missing month(s) and the held amount right?

I understand you position, the problem is that we would need to change a whole ecosystem. We did it once, there are was a lot of problems. We do not want to spent so much time again. The Ethereum community much wider than any new blockchain with unproved stability and not discovered bugs.
And as a solution we currently offer L2 opt-in:

You also can just wait until the threshold would be greater than a fee in 4 times.

No, I’m not. Unfortunately my forecast abilities are weak.
But what I know exactly - It should be in 4 times greater than an average fee

Yes we should. I sent a request to the team though to have a confirmation.

1 Like

What is base for your conclusion? You will get exactly the same amount USD.
The decision is always up on you.
You also can opt-in for L2 payouts and withdraw tokens when you want and not when we send them.

Yeah the Same amount USD. But storj Price has risen about 30% in the Time from the Last payout Cycle where storjlabs had skipped a Lot of storagenode-operators.

I know storj pays USD-Amount but its the fact That i would have 30% more USD in worth without the descision of the Last month.

But dont get ne wrong, im really happy with the development of the project and the responses here in the forum.
But this one decision about the payouts and everything related to it (you have a Heldback and Then Decide to hold back My whole compensation :p) is in My eyes a no Go and has destroyed a Lot of my Trust.

And sometimes i have to articulatw this :wink:

All in all thank you very much, and lets Go on with this nice Project - and hopefully no more Problems with payments :wink:

1 Like

You can opt-in for L2 and withdraw when you want.

this is what I thought and actually I think that’s total BS

eth fees are even higher + you will receive less tokens bc the price got bullish in the meanwhile (as predicted)

I was waiting for storj since ever to have reliable payments but they tokens are still paid out randomly (and now holding it for another month made things actually worse)

the lack of communication is very hard to understand.
Oh by the way, gas is really high atm… so go f yourself, you will get paid if you get more than 4x times gas fee.

a month notice would´ve been nice.

By the way, is there a guide to opt in for l2?

The fee prediction month before would be nice too. If you know, what the fee would be for March - please, give this useful information.
However, this was discussed several times:

The minimum threshold even suggested by the Community.

The instruction for L2 opt-in will be published, when we actually will have this option in the storagenode software. We plan to add the enabling to the dashboard and to the config file.
However you can enable it now - you can create a support request on https://support.storj.io or send to me your wallet address via direct message, I’ll notify the team to include it to the zkSync payouts.
If you have several nodes and you want to test only one or several of them, then you can send a NodeID(s) too, then the payout would be send via L2 only for these node(s).

The wallet address will be the same - all you need - is to have a compatible wallet, you also can use a Metamask or Brave browser and import there your current wallet (they can use the same secret phrase as your MEW for example).
Then you would connect your wallet to the zkSync to see and withdraw your tokens. You can withdraw not only to the same wallet but to the other address (the deposit of the exchange for example)

1 Like

if my tokens will be held once again for another month, I am literally going to delete my node and use my equipment for a more reliable project

it’s FEB 6 and I am still not sure have I exceeded the threshold to qualify for a payout. What a BS is that. I have a 13 months old node - if you implement a threshold, why won’t you consider pay me out with tokens you held for last 12 months?

How your held amount could help to cover ETH fee? And what would be used as a payment to other nodes which would recover lost data by your node?

yeah keep the tokens for a month or two longer until its price will be 1usd

and then watch small SNOs to delete their nodes

I find your ignorance ridiculous

% I am aware of fees, make the payment for Christ sake

It’s not related to the token price at all. It’s related to the ETH price and high gas price.
As I said - you can opt-in for L2 instead and withdraw when you want. The L2 payouts doesn’t have a minimum threshold.

You would be better doing graceful exit. Please do that instead

it is quite related.
the token’s price was 30-40 cents in Jan. Now it’s 50 cents. I don’t want you to wait till March to calculate all my payouts by the future price

let have people who want the L2 payouts have them. but I don’t want it on L2, just make my payment. I don’t see the Community agreeing to the threshold anywhere. I haven’t.

no mate, I will literally cut it out bc the storj team doesn’t give a damn about me - why should I let them to have a graceful exit? I got different projects to pick from to make some money from my spare hardware