December payout question

I think you should receive all postponed payouts include held amount in the nearest payout period regardless minimum threshold. But I need a confirmation from the team. It could be not earlier than 2021-02-08T17:00:00Z

Rather than look at it as the value going up or down, you should look at it as Storj Labs forcing you to invest in the token or not.

The way it works now, you always get paid exactly what you’re owed in USD. Which is a stable currency. You don’t have to take on any token fluctuation risks if you don’t want to. But if you do, you’re still free to buy tokens yourself.

Now if it were the other way around and Storj Labs would hold back the tokens in Storj amounts, you would be forced to take on the token market risks until payout and there is nothing you can do about that.

Even if you wouldn’t complain if the value goes down, others will. And they would have a much more legitimate claim about being wronged, because they would have no way to avoid the market risk, while you currently have every option to take that on if you want.

2 Likes

I really understand your argument, it’s valid and such…
And perhaps I exaggerate the whole situation. But I’m really angry they didn’t do anything for this very predictable event :frowning:

I personally don’t want to use another separate wallet to move StorJ moving forward, I’m happy to use the native ETH client and Ledger or nano hardware wallet etc. I don’t think zkSync is compatible, so I’m not sure what that means for future payments made via this zkSync to ETH addresses.

I don’t mind waiting for StorJ to complete the monthly payments. I too can see concern from some saying “StorJ value went up, we get less coins”, which is true but your earnings are in USD so that hasn’t changed. You just missed out on a potential increase in your StorJ value IF you received the coins on time. But on the other side of the coin is, if StorJ value went down you would be complaining about getting more coins since StorJ is cheaper?

I guess you can’t please everyone. In short: you’ll get the USD value for the month just delayed.

1 Like

The Ledger hardware wallet is supported by zkSync. Metamask is as well, which effectively means any address you can import into Metamask can be used.

1 Like

Ledger is not compatible with zkSync. At least not the mainnet.
I have already contacted Ledger Support:

It seems to me that you want to manage zkSync mainnet. Unfortunately, Ledger does not support it.

Normally, a mainnet coin should have an application and not using the same ETH application on the Ledger device. The coin community is the party that makes the application that respects our requirements.

Therefore, in this case, I advise you to contact that platform you are using for assistance. "

Unfortunately I can’t find any contact options for zkSync otherwise I would have written to them why it is offered on the site if it is not supported.

1 Like

Ok this is what I thought and is an issue for us using ETH addressed managed on Ledger wallets.
FYI @Alexey

1 Like

@Alexey, How do I manually opt in for the zksync? My node dashboard reports that I earned $19.49 for the month of Jan, and $16.08 for December net totals. I can’t afford to wait months on my tokens owed with the way the markets are moving. My Nov payout which was worth $20.16 is already now worth something like $34. I’m missing out… Please instruct me on what I need to do to enable zksync. I think I read somewhere in this thread that you would manually enable it if it were requested.

1 Like

You can’t just yet. Should be possible in the next node version I think. Instructions will be provided as soon as this option is available. (Probably won’t be long now)

3 Likes

I’m sure they’ll get it done eventually. Maybe when StorJ tops out!? Look at that too today! Another 15% daily candle that I missed out on! Come on guys! Seems like I remember shady payout stuff going on back in 2017 and 2018 when the prices were moving crazily upwards. Really sad to see this.

Ein Schelm, wer Böses denkt :wink:

Leaving how? Gracefully or abruptly? Perhaps graceful doesn’t show up yet?

I’ve got over 80$ owed from December and January, at the prices back then. Sure hope I get paid for Dec Jan and Feb in a few weeks, even though I’m losing over 100 bucks from the price skyrocketing since then. All the work I’ve had to put in to getting a rock solid connection, and a backup in the form of a cellphone hotspot and here I am not getting paid. As if the luck of hosting 20TB of data that never gets accessed wasn’t already bad enough. Don’t like the idea of wasting 4 years on this project.

Your postponed payout accumulated in USD, not in STORJ. You will be paid if your accumulated sum will be in 4 times more than fee to transfer it.
You also can opt-in for zkSync: L2 Payouts with Zksync and receive your payout regardless minimum threshold.
The fee for withdrawal from L2 to L1 can be paid in STORJ.

I read all about it. In fact, I read this entire thread, unfortunately. Also unfortunately, Coinomi doesn’t support zkSync, which is the wallet I use for my everyday use crypto, like Storj. Thanks for the reply though.

I think you can export private key from it and import to the Metamask. You also can just specify the address from Metamask to your node, add opt-in for L2, save the config and restart the node. As soon as it checked-in on the satellites, your address and opt-in got updated on the satellites.
And you will receive all outstanding payouts for that node to the specified address on L2.

You also can try to use a WalletConnect, the Coinomi is listed on

And the zkSync support the WalletConnect
1 Like

Well that’s a good point, only abrupt exits would appear on 404 charts.
Graceful exits would take weeks if not months to appear, progressively.