January payoutsMonthly payouts for January have been sent. One payout per satellite to each payout address.
If you have feedback or questions about your specific payout, contact email@example.com
As a reminder, V2 has been officially shut down as of January
Important notice for this months payout
In an effort to optimize for overall performance and scalability, we have a few limits we’ve introduced related to the database. One of these limitations has an impact on the calculation of billing for January.
While this impact is only temporary, it will impact the February payout. With the steps we took to increase the overall ability of the database to handle concurrency, we introduced a lag in payout settlements that resulted from the extended time for order limit settlement.
Essentially, the steps we took to improve scalability and to ensure that payouts were accurate and complete introduced a delay in the ability to calculate payouts in real-time. This is a temporary artifact of these improvements and we expect this lag to be resolved this month and not to reoccur in future payouts.
February is the last month we will use the manual processes before we complete the transition to the automated tools. Here’s what you can expect for the February payout:
- For this payout, the pull for payout data will be current as of 7 days prior to when the payout process is run. The issue with the lag in payments is related to the calculation of payouts from order limits. Order limits roll up over a 7 day period as order limits expire.
- The February payout will be offset by one week as described above
- The offset week will be included in the next payout
- All future payouts will run during the first week of the month as an automated process and will cover all usage for the previous month without any additional lag in calculation
- The new tooling automatically calculates payouts as a Satellite process, and includes held amount as well as storage, customer egress, repair and audit traffic.
- The new payout process will allow the SNO Board to query for payout information as well as held amount.
The March payout will include all of February’s activity plus the last week of January.