Getting started with Storj V3 Local Test Network (storj-sim)

I mean can i see node 0s dashboard

It’s in the same guide Test network · storj/storj Wiki · GitHub
There is an example, how you can run a local dashboard.

The node’s web dashboard address and port are specified in the console.address: parameter:

$ grep console ~/.local/share/storj/local-network/storagenode/0/config.yaml
console.address: 127.0.0.1:13002

The web-dashboard is not built by default, you need to build it separately. But in case of test network it doesn’t needed.

How would i build a web dashboard

Install nodejs v16.11.1
And build the web-dashboard like this:

the path "/home/storagenode/" should be replaced to the output of the command echo $HOME

Ok thanks how would i remove 8 storage nodes

And how would i add real nodes like the one i run(if i can i have read that a node using trusted satellites can’t also use untrusted ones but it was an old post)and other SNO’s nodes(btw is sno storage node or storage node operator i thought the second but many people use it for the first)

Also the dbs where all of the info on how much nodes are holding where would i find it

Also when i build stuff like in the web folder i get this

Images and other types of assets omitted.
Build at: 2022-06-14T07:47:05.366Z - Hash: 6862656d6d3235f6 - Time: 68622ms

DONE Build complete. The dist directory is ready to be deployed.
INFO Check out deployment instructions at Deployment | Vue CLI
Then i go to the url but it still tells me to build it ??

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Satellite help please

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: I am interested in an making a sat from a rpi

I have a test network with storj Sim configured how would i remove some of the virtual nodes and add real ones

Also where are the db’s that show what each node is holding

You already asked this same question in another thread, please abstain from double posting, it will not result in getting questions answered any quicker.

2 Likes

Ok sorry about that i shall wait for a reply

I will give you a fishing rod and I can teach you how to use it, instead of giving fish (ready-made answers) :).

storj-sim --help

Here you will see options for configuration, include the running network and which services should be running and how much nodes do you want to run.
I’m not sure is it possible to connect the real nodes - you need to check this. For that the satellite should bind to the IP address of the desired network interface, not localhost (127.0.0.1). You can try to change the address with available options (tip: --host).

I have not tried to build what you want, so my knowledge is ended here. I would like to hear your findings and maybe you can write a documentation, how to run a Community satellite. It would help to add more decentralization to the network.
Please note - your satellite will create a separate network from the Storj DCS network (the real nodes will not join it automatically).

Regarding build of web items - if you did build them, you can configure your nodes to use built web items with option in their configs

3 Likes

Ok thanks i will get started once i am done i can publish documentation/tutorials for community satellites (i can see people want it)
And btw thanks for all of your expert help @Alexey

1 Like

@Alexey where would i find satellite.db

In each storagenode’s data location folder.
If you mean where the satellite stored its database - then in PostgreSQL, if you still uses storj-sim.

1 Like

The satellite.db this document refers to

And yes still using storj sim

This DB is a satellite’s DB, and it’s on PostgreSQL: Test network · storj/storj Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

So is it possible to locate it and back it up or even distribute it

You have created it during setup. And you can backup it or setup a database cluster. But you need to search how-tos in the internet, it’s not related to Storj.

I understand but when it’s running is it in ram or is there an actual teststorj file somewhere i know distribution is unrelated but i created the db and would like to know is it in ram or a file
And if db closed is it deleted @Alexey

It depends on how you run PostgreSQL. There are files (it’s not a single file) related to the database. It’s an own toolset related to PostgreSQL. You required to do research yourself, sorry.

I can only mention that if you started it in the docker without volumes, then database got removed with the container during container removal. See options for the docker image: Docker Hub
See also PostgreSQL: Documentation