How to shutdown Storj_Node completely

I want to know how to end storj node completely and cleanly. Please help me.

No matter how many times I search, I can’t find a way, so I ask here.

If this question has been asked before, I will delete it.

I am sorry that my English is terrible.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum @tvtvy!

You have to execute graceful exit to do that. Why do you want to leave Storj network ?

Thank you for your reply.

I missed one thing when I wrote down a question.

I use Windows 10.

Can you tell me a solution for Windows 10?

The reason I’m leaving the network is because I have two of my miners, one of which I’m going to use for another purpose.
I didn’t know when I was setting up, but when I found out, the two miners’ nodes were different
So I’m going to shut down one node.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Are you using docker or GUI ?

I set it up using power shell.

There was no docker command when setting.

Can you show me the screen/dashboard of Storj running on your pc?

It just shows a dashboard in a browser.

When the computer starts, the node starts automatically.

No CLI is shown.

How old is your node? It needs to be running since at least 6 months for graceful exit to work.

The node I want to turn off is only two months old.

Then can I just end without a glassful exit?

Yeah then there is nothing you can do to get your held amount back. You can just shut it down.

Well you could keep it running on a Raspberry Pi :smiley: Or on your other miner

wow

thank you very much.

It really helped.

Are there any updates on graceful exit of recent nodes?
Should we run node with zero capacity for a few months to exit?

There are some known problems that could cause a graceful exit to fail at the moment. I advise waiting until those are fixed. You could of course lower your storage allocation in the mean time, but data won’t be removed until customers actually remove it. So I wouldn’t expect a lot of extra space becoming available any time soon.

1 Like

HI all, i am also looking to do a graceful exit as want to get out of crypto before end of tax year. I have been running node for 12 months and don’t find it viable and i have to find more time in my life.
I am using the GUI on windows. Where can i find a walk through to exit please?
I may be back some day.

Thanks

The documentation covers the GE process:

1 Like

Thanks Stob, will take a look now.

Just a question: What does this mean in bold text bleow
For Windows GUI users, the exit command should look as follows, but be sure to point to your own identity and config directories (in cmd.exe ):

“C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe” exit-satellite

I had to exit one satellite at a time by copy/paste name into cmd and repeating above procedure for each satellite but you can add all leaving space between each satellite. Then click ‘enter’.

On one of my satellites i get the following message:
“You are not allowed to initiate graceful exit on satellite for next amount of months:
Error: You are not allowed to graceful exit on some of provided satellites”

Any reason why??
Is it because its a new satellite which had only recently come on line for the last 3 months?
1, Do i have to leave the ‘cmd’ window open?
2, Should the console still be operational if i have done the exit correctly?

Yes, change the config and identity folders to your own.

“C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe” exit-satellite --identity-dir “C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode” --config-dir “C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node” --log.output stderr

1 Like

Any idea how long it takes to start seeing a drop in the amount of data stored on my drives?

You can check the status using the command from the documentation:

“C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode.exe” exit-status --identity-dir “C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Storj\Identity\storagenode” --config-dir “C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node” --log.output stderr

It shouldn’t take too long, but depends on the amount of data.