Is polygon still an option?

I set up my first node yesterday, running on Linux, I followed the instructions to enable polygon with zksync as a fallback by adding the following line into config.yaml,

operator.wallet-features: ["polygon", "zksync"]

But when I go to the web dashboard it shows that I’ve opted in for zksync, no mention of polygon, I’d prefer polygon as I already use it for a few other things but have no experience with zksync.

No problem, the default payment service is polygon with this configuration. The prefer payment is polygon and second payment service is zksync if the first payment on the polygon network fail. If you want receive the payment only on polygon, you edit the line with operator.wallet-features: [“polygon”] and the payment is esclusive in this network. In the web interface of node you don’t view the opt-in for polygon network now, in the future it will be integrate.
Thanks

Thank you, I’m guessing it’ll be a while until my first payment but at least it’ll happen way quicker than L1!

The payment on the polygon network and zksync don’t have the minimal payment. This is the advantage of payment on L2 network

I would like to come back to the original question
is polygon payment still an option?

setting operator.wallet-features: [“polygon”] seems to be falling back to L1 on my node
or at least i don’t see “opted-in” info

No. Its out of order.

1 Like

We stopped to support it a while ago:

thanks
it is kind of weird request but would it make sense to add it to FAQ?
The problem is a ton of outdated information in the internet and this forum

Do you see any mention of Polygon in our docs?

So if polygon is no longer an option and zksync is no longer an option. What are the options besides Layer 1?

zkSync Lite, zkSync Era and L1 Ethereum Mainnet
You may specify both zkSync, as a fallback we always using L1.

What confused me, the latest payout rate announcement still mentions Polygon:

You may want to fix that, and make sure future announcements don’t mention it (they could be using a template).

The only mention of Polygon in that post was in reference to historic payouts going back to 2022, it seems correct to not leave out payouts that happened with polygon there.

Furthermore, the last payout announcements posted in September 2023, October 2023, November 2023, December 2023 and January 2024 makes no mention of Polygon payouts. Neither do any other payout announcement posted after April 2023.

2 Likes

I see.

I landed on this announcement because this is where a link from the node web dashboard took me.

The context where Polygon is mentioned covers both 22 and 23 up to the date of the announcement. Still very confusing. That’s the only place where zsSync is also mentioned.

All this is just feedback, if not useful then please ignore.

You may always check our documentation to see what wallet features are supported now: