Make first $1 or so paid to the SNO be in ETH and not STORJ

Any given transaction is not necessarily representative of the average transaction cost for distribution of all payments…

The correct comparison to look at is the total outgoing payout for a satellite (aggregate to all node operators) versus the aggregate fees paid for those outgoing payments… and then calculate what it would cost to distribute the same payments to the same number of accounts using traditional payment processing systems such as ACH.

Even if the gas fees are relatively high, the whole payment system is still cheaper to run than ACH.

1 Like

I thank thay need to return to 1 payment per sattelite, it will be much cheaper and faster.
And make just Mail senter server that will sent recept for payments, thats all needed.
I am realy not understand why we need payment system like now, it is to expencive.

2 Likes

best answer i’ve heard yet :smiley:

and there we go… :smiley:
time to start the debate of how to best fix it…

3 Likes

Its already back “back again” as latest payout (for May, done in June) was combined per payout address. I have got only 6 payments in for May for all 3 nodes was running with same ETH address in settings (one from each satellite, combined overs all nodes). Instead of 18 payments for April and about 15 for March (per each node-satellite pair).

And looks like it will be just one payment next Month combined even more: overs all nodes and all satellites into single transaction?

Also, while satellites are “independent”, they all belong to the same company. When there are “really independent” satellites it will be different, but right now they are all the same.

Yes I posted that before this announcement.

It’s possible for Storjlabs to do this of course, but it won’t work for satellites hosted by others. Whether they are tardigrade partners or independent satellite, they will have to figure out for themselves and unfortunately if every satellite operator is doing things differently, that means we SNOs will need to wade through all that to figure out which payment is which. It’s not ideal, but I don’t see a better solution right now.

Are other operators forced to use Storj token as well? Or can they use a different crypto/token if they want?

They can do whatever they want as long as they can convince SNOs to whitelist them, but I’m pretty sure that tardigrade community satellites would have to adhere to the same payout as Storjlabs operated satellites.

As a side note, considering recent ETH fees, the following suggestion doesn’t necessarily work anymore:

This would require more thinking now :thinking:
Maybe let SNOs decide whether they prefer being paid in ETH or STORJ.

i think that kind of breaks the ecosystem, or whatever it’s called.
the idea being that SNO’s are paid in Storj which can be sold to companies so they can get a discount using the tokens for Tardigrade Services.

Thus it’s a closed cycle basically…
sadly i don’t have a better solution to the problem.

looks like this might end up being the solution, but not really sure…

can’t always expect the solution to look exactly like the feature request suggestions.