Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

1 Like

small nodes will never get paid in this situation.

5 Likes

Even bigger ones don’t get their payments :wink:
And no compromise from storjlabs, they are sitting things out :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

well, it is fracked up situation for both sides.

Yep, sure it is :frowning:
(20 characters)

since

Storj is payment agnostic. Neither the protocol nor the contract requires a specific payment system.

Why Use a Token?

we can try to make a survey with adding as env variable to the nodes, eg:

SURVEY_MIN_PAYOUT 3
SURVEY_BCH true
SURVEY_LTC false
SURVEY_DOGE false

^this list need to be more standardized.

After that let the core team to make an update and collect all the answers to see what the node operators want (this also can be weighted by node size) and decide what to do next :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: I don’t think the fee problem will be solved this year

1 Like

Hello all :wink:

May be, is-it possible to add some information on payout page for the next container update ? Like “Current $ / current Minimum Threshold” .
Like that people will be reassure.

2 Likes

Just had an idea.

What if storj partner with one or more Exchanges ?

Say that we have 200k STORJ that should be distributed to 10000 SNOs and half of them are registered in a partner exchange (or multiple partner exchanges). Storj could send the total payout amount of the 5000 SNOs to the partner exchange wallet and then the value would be given to the SNOs inside the exchange platform. That way won’t be a traditional transaction through the blockchain.

This has a drawback however, the partner exchange(s) would be a single point of failure and it would turn the payouts centralised, breaking the decentralised nature of storj. However if this is optional could be an option, I have mixed feelings to be honest.

EDIT: This would also allow SNOs to easily convert Storj to other coins in the partner exchange.

3 Likes

I suggested that a week ago. that would be so simple, I bet that exchanges (especially binance) would help. but the storj team don’t care, they force zksync

1 Like

all those questions have been asked and answered before. Just because you ask them again and don’t read previous discussions doesn’t mean storj doesnt care. If you care enough, you can read those discussions (many were before last month’s payout).

5 Likes

If SNOs turn off their nodes for 24 hours, Storj Labs would surely stop sitting things out.

8 Likes

I am surprised, to see this coming from a person who has gone over and beyond, trying to find potential partners for Storj :exploding_head: Everyone is frustrated with this situation but I didn’t expect this @jammerdan

4 Likes

Would be a good idea. I only doubt that something like that can be implemented. But switching off the nodes 24 would certainly be a suitable means if enough people participate

3 Likes

It’s not a good idea at all. And it won’t do anything except ensure you’ll lose data due to repair. Storj won’t have a shortage of nodes no matter how much you threaten. The only thing you’re going to get for that effort is stricter quality control and node disqualifications to ensure such efforts don’t take down the network.

How about we refrain from being destructive and focus on being constructive instead.

I’m with @nerdatwork on this one, @jammerdan. I’m going to assume you’re just having a bad day and hope it gets better soon!

9 Likes

“How about we refrain from being destructive and focus on being constructive instead.”

How about StorLabs starts to handle this problem in a constructive way? :wink:
There are always two sites.

But sure, the way to shutdown Nodes is simply the false way. But it shows how disappointed even early adopters and active community members are. So sad :frowning:

1 Like

Like fast tracking an L2 solution with zkSync? Launching a specific team to investigate other alternatives? Opening up community discussions to get feedback?

I think they’re being very constructive.

This situation sucks, no doubt about it, but this isn’t Storj Labs causing problems for us. It’s a situation outside of their and our control that we’re all trying to deal with as best as possible. Everyone relying on the ethereum blockchain is feeling this pain right now.

5 Likes

And still Storj Labs keeps relying on the Ethereum blockchain. So it is their sole responsibility not mine as a node operator who had never had a different option.

4 Likes

I really like and appreciate the thoughts of future solutions. But they are even this: Future Solutions.
They had to deal with the actual payments of now 2 months.

Constructive would be to pay the loans where the SNOs did their part of the work.

And i have to contradict. Like i mentioned before in my optinion its simply the fault of StorjLabs, they have ignored the rising gas-fees in the past. It was foreseeable that there will be such high gas prices.
And the solution is to stop the payments of their SNOs? Sorry, simply not ok.And this starts 2 days before the first payment cycle … how unprofessional is this.
Its to easy to say “sorry guys, due to high fees we stop to payout” …

But the situation is now escalated. But still no constructive reaction for the actual problem (only future solutions) or some cooperation approaches from official site …
With some good communication and signs there dont have to be such massive escalation :frowning:

5 Likes

And I did not expect not getting paid.

2 Likes

I’m afraid you won’t get paid in the next month too. Even with a graceful exit. Storj will return your tokens after the bull run on eth - Q4 2021 / Q1 2022 :wink:

1 Like