Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

Hi
I haven’t received anything for December 2020 and January 2021 either. And I don’t understand why.

I am already considering going out ot the STORJ network, because the you get so litle money for the HW and efforts and now you don’t get them at all. I am getting very disspapointed. I am using a 2 TB node for more than 6 months and I only received about 6 StorJ coins that is under 5$, which can’t even cover the electricity costs.

I hope things get changed.

BR,

Niki

1 Like

This is because fees were at least at 25% of your earnings.
Same for me since December. I used to have a very good Internet connection (Fiber) but then I moved and I saw the impacts of my earnings. Too bad.

But please do not take the decision too fast. Storj is a very interesting project. The team and the community are working hard to find solutions to this high fees problem.

did you expect to get a lambo?

1 Like

You need to do a tutorial with video, and explain. This is not easy for other people, they need helps. I same i need help, but the conversions to L2 to L1 or L1 to L2 it expense, and you need transfer metamask to other exchanger, i used kraken… but kraken didnt exist in zksync

I wonder about your opinion

You should not use exchange deposit for earnings. To connect the address to L2 you need to have an access to private keys of this address. With the deposit it’s not possible.
There are function called emergency withdrawal, but it could be up to 4x times more expensive than a usual L2->L1 withdrawal where you have a private keys. You can withdraw your tokens from L2 address connected to your wallet to any other L1 address, not necessary the same as your wallet, i.e. deposit address of your exchange.

1 Like

No, but at least a Golf. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hehe, maybe Golf 1.
Eth fees are HI, thats why you/me and many others didnt recived payments. It is explaind in this thread, in 1st post I guess.
For the earnings, thats up to you to calculate if it is profitable for you and how much. My PC is runing 24/365 and with small node I dont get a loot as well, but et the end it is something extra.

yeah me too
it is a pitty that no one can make big profits or in our case, profit at all, on StorJ, but it is interesting. I have few hdds with bad sectors, which I want to use until they die completely. As soon as that happens I will stop “mining” StorJ.

right now the average fee is 11 usd … so the threshold would been 40 … which many reached because of 3 months without payments.

so… why not making more payments instead of one time in the month?

1 Like

For that to happen thresholds need to be defined as to what is an acceptable level for payments and what isn’t.

WOW
I am not even close to 40$
My 2TB hdd is full. So it does not ge more than 3 4$ per month. Am I doing anything wrong?

BR,

Niki

1 Like

I don’t understand why but older nodes seem to earn more than young ones. So do nothing and you might make a little more next month. Adding another few TB would help more

I have added a 520GB node … but it fills up very slow.

2 Likes

Hi

I must support you there, I’ve exchanged them many times, and actually taken them out in fiat, so they are absolutly not worthless… Anyhow, if anyone feel they are worthless, send me a message and give you my address :slight_smile:

Mostly due to repair egress. Additionally there might be some older test and customer data.

1 Like

I do get around that too on my 2 recent nodes.

I did notice that too, yup :confused:

2 Likes

Well- two things really. No longer having a held percentage in effect due to age, and the age of the data they have might cause it to be touched or repaired. I believe it was @BrightSilence that has a node that is both old and large (>10TB) and has quite a significant repair amount due to holding data that other nodes gave up while exiting or lost due to Sus/DQ. I know that my older 9TB node has a rising amount of repair to it too for, more than likely, the same reasons Bright’s does- you are a rock/pillar for the network and you’re pieces are being used to recover the networks resilience.

4 Likes

Hi
I just checked my transaction history and saw that I last received STORJ on 8th of Dec 2020. Nothing in January and nothing in February. So my question is, will I receive anything in March?

BR,
Niki

We don’t know. Your accumulated earnings should be greater in 4 times than fee to transfer it. The fee will be known in the first two weeks of the next month.

You also can opt-in for L2 (zkSync) to receive a payout independently of high fee or minimum threshold on L1:

1 Like