Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

Gas for 10 Gwei now. Maybe time to payout?
Can you make a floating payment depending on the gas price, rather than speculate with a threshold?

1 Like

Where did you get that number from?

1 Like

$60 in average for ERC20 transfers?! Oh my.
That’s becoming ridiculous ^^’

1 Like

There is super high volatility due to a certain Elon Musk tweet… Thanks Elon!
It’ll probably come back down, but might take a bit. In the mean time there is zkSync.

3 Likes

I’d say Ethereum becomes useless… How is anyone supposed to build anything on that platform with prices like this? It’s insane.

2 Likes

That site looks to be broken. These other ones are all above 400Gwei:

1 Like

It is broken by design. Once upon a time there was a smart contract that has paid an incredible high gas price even if that wasn’t needed. The problem was that this smart contract was taking the gas price from ETH gas station. That creates a nice little loop and the smart contract startet to race against itself. The gas price keeps increasing even if there is no reason.

Solution: ETH gas station added a safety net. If the gas price gets too high for what ever reason they will start to ignore that at some point in order to break a possible error cycle. Now a human has to look at the blockchain and decide if that safety net is still working as expected or needs to get adjusted.

Long story short: ETH gas station is behaving as expected in the current circumstances.

4 Likes

This is an open question for all the people out there. Is there currently any exchange place that supports L2 storj. or if there is any that is considering it. Because at this stage if no one supports the L2 for exchange than for me it is pointless. I’m currently staying on L1 until someone will support L2 as an exchange. If you know some I don’t mind STORJ to LTC or STORJ to EUR. Any suggestions much appreciated.

2 Likes

Eth 2.0 will be solution but it also takes time to make it working correctly.

Hey I also see hope in ETH2.0 but at the current rate I am doubtfully as a verification node you need 32ETH which is a lot. not many people will start the verification nodes as the upfront cost is too high. It is around 40000 dollars compared to 400dollar GPU. and hence GPU`s are scalable people opt more for scalable options.
They would have to decrease the start up costs for verification nodes.

Hi
Sorry but I did not understand anything from the pararaphs that you pasted for zksync. Are there simpler instructions? What exactly do I need to modify in the config file because I could not find an option with the name “operator.wallet-features”? And I have 2 nodes. The first one is a regular windows node, there I can easily modify the config file, but the 2nd node is running in a docker on a linux VM. What are the instructions for such a case?

And as a whole, what is zkSynk? How will that help us getting paid on time?

BR,
Niki

And I didn’t understand another thing. How much do I have to have in my nodes at the moment to get the STORJ transfered to my wallet? 10$ 20$ 30$? How much?

BR,
Niki

Did you try zkSync in testnet already? If not I would recommend it. We will send you some testSTORJ to your wallet address.

You would have to add that to you config file. The order doesn’t matter. You can add it anywhere. I have added the line below my wallet address so keep it nice and organized.

I don’t know the answer to that question.

The L2 payments are getting rolled up into 1 block. That consumes less gas on the blockchain and so the transaction fee per transaction is lower. There will be additional documentation in place that explains the details.

That part is dynamic and depends on the gas price by the time we want to send out the payout. It is not possible to tell how much it would be for example next week.

Hi
I already tried to explain that I don’t understand these statements. I don’t know what zkSync is or what testnet is and I have no idea what i have to do in the config file. Are there instructions or a guide? Like for example the one, explaining you how to configure and use docker?

I was asking for today. This moment right now.

If the payout were at this moment the average is $16.16 for an ERC20 transaction, so you would need 4 x $16.16 = $64.64 owed from your node(s) - https://etherscan.io/gastracker

gas

Edit - I thought I mixed up my maths but it was correct.

2 Likes

hahaha
great!!! :slight_smile:
so after 3 4 years I will have the right amount :slight_smile: and I should stop asking around, when will I receive the money, it will not be soon.

thank you for the information.

BR,

Niki

2 Likes

The same way - open config.yaml with a plain text editor, nano for example and add this line, save it and restart the node.
The other way is to specify the option --operator.wallet-features=zksync as the last option after the storjlabs/storagenode:latest in your docker run command.

About zkSync - think of it as an exchange but without trading, transfers inside it is cheap, but withdrawal will costs you money. Since zkSync is enabled STORJ as a payment method, so you can do not have ETH on your address to withdraw your tokens - you will pay fee in STORJ. And also you can withdraw not only to the same address on L1 (Ethereum), but to a different one - i.e. L1 deposit address of the exchange.

To connect your address on mainnet to the zkSync you can use this Web3 app: https://wallet.zksync.io/

If you want to test first - switch the mainnet to the Rinkeby in your wallet and connect it to https://rinkeby.zksync.io/account/
Post your address and I’ll send you testSTORJ, which you can then withdraw to any L1 address on Rinkeby. This will allow you to understand how is it work.

Thank you for the detailed information.
My wallet is in Binance. So zksync can transfer my StorJ tokens from my nodes to the wallet in Binance with very small fee? Do I understand correctly?