Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

People aren’t mining on their own currently either. By the same logic it is currently impossible to mine a block on your own. We use mining pools now. And you can use different kinds of “pools” to stake smaller amounts of ether. It’ll be just fine.

That said, I don’t think eth2 is a silver bullet. It will help a lot, but there are still limits, they’ve just been shifted. And everybody seriously talking about eth2 is talking about it in combination with rollups. Rollups aren’t going anywhere with eth2. L2 solutions are still very much needed.

1 Like

Binance doesn’t support L2 transfers, and since you do not have private keys from this deposit address, the withdrawal fee will be up to 4 times greater than when you have private keys and will be done as an emergency withdrawal via web form and manual process.
So, if you do not have keys it’s not a good idea to use this address as a wallet, because it’s not your wallet and money on it is not yours anymore. Moreover in case of L2 it would be costly.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate some more on this topic? Lets clear out how much that “4 times greater” actually means. For example, if I have to transfer 10$ StorJ from my nodes to Binance, how much would that cost? And the same thing if I you a provate wallet? I want to know the price. if it is too big maybe it is not worth to mine at all.

Take this command:

Put your address instead of example wallet and multiple result to 4.
It’s much cheaper to use your own address for L2 and then withdraw to the deposit on L1.
You can read more there:

where should i run this command? cmd? powershell? bash?

Bash on Linux would do it. Here is an example of what it gives on my side (executed Feb. 24th @ 12:24 UTC):

pac@xxxxxxxx:~$ curl -X POST -H 'Content-type: application/json'   -d '{
    "jsonrpc":"2.0",
    "id":1, "method": "get_tx_fee",
    "params": ["Withdraw", "0x80a52B7F26426d2b16578FC5f376c349F54772A7", "STORJ"]
    }'   https://api.zksync.io/jsrpc | jq
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   319  100   173  100   146    161    136  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--   298
{
  "jsonrpc": "2.0",
  "result": {
    "feeType": "Withdraw",
    "gasTxAmount": "52700",
    "gasPriceWei": "114500001459",
    "gasFee": "2822215694",
    "zkpFee": "1192017",
    "totalFee": "2820000000"
  },
  "id": 1
}

Here is my output:

-bash: jq: command not found
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 319 100 173 100 146 145 122 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:–:-- 145
(23) Failed writing body

and looking at your output … it didn’t help me much to find out how much I would lose if I had to transfer 10$ StorJ.

STORJ has 8 decimals so you have to devide that number by 100000000 to get the human readable output.

That means you don’t have jq installed. You can run the command without | jq at the end. jq is just used to make the output pretty.

Thank you
so this is the output:

{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“result”:{“feeType”:“Withdraw”,“gasTxAmount”:“52700”,“gasPriceWei”:“181326124880”,“gasFee”:“4469357458”,“zkpFee”:“1192017”,“totalFee”:“4470000000”},“id”:1}
[root@localhost ~]#

So what I have to look at and how to convert it in $? :slight_smile:

So in @zeroheat’s case ("totalFee":"4470000000"), that would be a fee of 44,7 STORJ?
(that is approx. $27.1 when writing this line, as 1 STORJ = $0.606)

That is correct.

Make sure the target address is correct because that makes a difference. My example with an address that never had any STORJ before is more expensive than a withdraw to an address that is holding 0 STORJ but had STORJ in the past. The API is able to give you the exact fee for your address.

So if I want to get a fransfer at the moment I would need to have mined at least 110$ worth of StorJ, right? Do I understand it correctly?

No. That one is the withdraw fee. If you change “Withdraw” to “Transfer” you will get what storj has to pay for sending you the payment.

1 Like

You do not need to mine ETH, you can use STORJ to pay fee for withdrawal from L2 to L1. But if you use a deposit address in your node, the fee can be in 4 times more, because it’s an emergency withdrawal.

1 Like

Why you still dont use binance chains for “free” transfer?

Not the same level of security. Worst case you can still withdraw in zkSync but your balance can get stuck in the binance side chain.

1 Like

And I would add - it could have legally consequences. The SEC is following all projects with tokens to make sure that they are really utility tokens.
In case of exchange we could have problems.

2 Likes

how can I tell if my Binance wallet is L2 or L1? And why is this an emergency withdrawal? This is a normal transfer from my nodes to my wallet or I am mistaking?

right now gas is at 124 gwei and the average transaction fee is 13 usd… so why not sending the payment now

i have the feeling in the next payout round the fee´s would be high too hence only 1% of sno´s would get paid.

2 Likes