Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

Any deposit of Binance is L1 address, they do not support L2 at the moment. I have no information, do they have such plans or not.
Since you do not have private keys from the deposit address of any centralized exchange (they own them), you cannot sign a transaction to register the deposit address on L2 zkSync. Thus withdrawal can be done only manually by zkSync staff, you can only request such a withdrawal via web-form, and it’s called emergency withdrawal: https://zksync.io/faq/wallets.html#what-if-my-wallet-is-not-supported-or-can-t-sign-messages
This is abnormal (i.e. manual) transfer from L2 address to the L1 address where you do not control your keys. Thus it’s more expensive.
You can easy get your own address - install Metamask extension to your browser (or use Brave) and update your storagenode’s configuration with a new address and opt-in for zkSync: https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/storage-node-operator-payout-information/zk-sync-opt-in-for-snos
With the next payout you should receive all outstanding payouts to this address on zkSync.
Then you can withdraw your payout to the Binance from your own address on zkSync for fee, but this fee will be lower than if you leave a Binance deposit and opt-in for zkSync.
The other option is to wait until your earn enough to clear threshold.

Thank you very much for this information Alexey!!! :slight_smile:
I think I now understood how things go.

About your last sentance “The other option is to wait until your earn enough to clear threshold.”, someone calculated that at the moment the fee would be 27$, right? So I should have mined at least 4 times that, around 110$?

You can see a fee for ERC20 transfers here:

So if the payout would start today, the minimum threshold would be not less than $14.71 * 4 = $58.84
But nobody knows what the fee would be in March 2021

2 Likes

Great!
So I confirm I understand it now. :slight_smile:

This is an open question for all the people out there. Is there currently any exchange place that supports L2 storj. or if there is any that is considering it. Because at this stage if no one supports the L2 for exchange than for me it is pointless. I’m currently staying on L1 until someone will support L2 as an exchange. If you know some I don’t mind STORJ to LTC or STORJ to EUR. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Yes there is one. I don’t want to write down the name because that one exchange that I know is brand new and nobody knows if it is secure or not. That is an ongoing discussion in the zkSync community.

Anyway it might be better if you ask your question directly in the zkSyn community for 2 reasons. They have the technical knowledge to tell you how secure any L2 exchange might be. That is above my knowledge. They can also point you to some alternatives. I am only skimming over the conversation maybe once per week and I would bet I missed some important information. So please ask your question in the zkSync community and please let us know what you find out.

3 Likes

Just a question do they have set up a forum or is it on reddit? Thanks

I found a post with this:

zkSync

Style : ZRU
TPS : +20,000 txs
Notable projects : Curve, Gitcoin, Balancer, Argent

Created by Matter Labs, zkSync is a ZRU-based L2 scaling solution that uses zero-knowledge proofs to offer high throughput and high security. Ethereum projects that have already integrated with zkSync include Gitcoin and Golem.

2 Likes

Low Gas Fees actually.
Would be a great Chance to pay your SNOs :wink:

2 Likes

I have 2 questions about Graceful Exit (GE) impact on the minimum threshold payout.

1. Is Graceful Exit taken into account for threshold?
    I mean: If I didn’t get paid last months but then do a graceful exit, will my returned held amount be included in the total amount (and then I should have more chcances to get actually paid)?

2. Does the minimum threshold policy apply to Graceful Exit?
    I mean: let’s say I have very low earnings and low held amount. If I do a Graceful exit but the total amount (earnings + held amount) don’t reach the minimum threshold, will I get paid?

Thanks for this clarification!

Yes, the Minimum Threshold is applied to graceful exit too, if you have any other nodes with the same wallet and/or if you didn’t exit from all satellites.

Which means (I guess) that on the other hand, if you GE on all your nodes and all satellites and have not any single node linked to this payment address, then you get paid whether you reached the minimum threshold or not. Right?

Yes, it’s correct. The other way is to opt-in for zkSync and get it right away.

2 Likes

No found

–operator.wallet-features=zksync
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest
unknown flag: --operator.wallet-features
See ‘docker run --help’.

As Alexey said, you must place --operator.wallet-features=zksync after storjlabs/storagenode:latest

So this should work:

storjlabs/storagenode:latest \
--operator.wallet-features=zksync ;
2 Likes

I have thoroughly read, and understand, the contractual terms of the STORJ network. STORJ can and will do as they see fit to. the contract is ironclad. SNO’s have no say. the most we can hope for is that we are heard, and they accommodate compassionately. this being said:

I am willing, and do pay fees, on many networks daily as high as 25%. If I have money owed to me I am more than willing to pay 10 dollars out of 40 dollars to make a 30 dollar withdrawal.

why would I do this?

because without access to my profits, I can not use my profits to make more profit. what good is earning currency (in any form) if it can not be accessed or used. I view the fees and taxations as cost of doing business. I take into account that I must pay these fees to make the profit. I do not view the fee as a loss of profit, but as a cost of conducting business on an inflated network.

I could use these monthly payments to upgrade or expand my STORJ operations…

It is contractually in their right to withhold our payments. however it is my prerogative to determine if a fee/cost of doing business is “too high”.

SNO labor does not cause me to sweat, be tired, or stressed. It is passive income with little to no upkeep cost. it is all profit to me regardless of how much of it must be sacrificed to access said profit. I would pay 75$ out of $100 just to access the remaining $25 if I had to.

I am an adult, and a business man, I can assure you I am able to determine what amount is acceptable to me and do not need my contractual employer to : make financial decisions for me, because in their “parental” opinion its better for me to get $40 dollars 365 days from now than it would be to make $30 today.

Zksync was a good choice, and I do applaud STORJ for adding the layer 2 sidechain.

2 Likes

I completely agree with DataBroker. We lost a lot of money. For example me. I haven’t received any payout for more than 5 months. The STOJ price went up more than 650% since than. It was about 0.3$ in December 2020 and my last paoyout was in novemeber I think. And now 1 STORJ is about 2$. So if STORJ was indeed loyal to people like us that support the whole network it would pay us on time. Because when I started “mining” I read in the documents and in the forums that the payouts are monthy, then suddenly STORJ decides to change the rules. I think that STORJ has to pay all the needed fees and we should get the money we were promised. If for example, I had received 20 STORJ tokens in December as I should have(20x0.3=6$), I would have earned a lot more by now, 20x2=40$
So as it stands, at least for me in the example above STORJ robbed me of 34$

I can make a similar calculation for January and February 2021. I am getting more and more dissapointed of being on the network. STORJ increases the requirements for “mining” on the network or sharing storage in other words, but reduces the benefits for people like us that makes up the network. Very dissapointing indeed!!!

:frowning:

1 Like

Instead of getting disappointed and blaming storjlabs for not getting paid, you could have opted in for zksync payout and would have gotten paid.

Also: which requirements for snos did they increase?

2 Likes

I did that 2 weeks ago but still nothing.
And zksync is available since few weeks ago. It was not a valid option back in December 2020. So please be more honest and objective before accusing me and people like me. I am sure that I am not the only one dissapointed of how STORJ started to operate.

1 Like

Yes it was not available in December. I’m aware of that.
I’m just a bit frustrated by some people accusing storjlabs of “stealing” their earnings when you were clearly told that you’d be paid in usd equivalent. If the price had dropped to 0.05$ per storj, nobody would have complained.

The threshold is unfortunate but it is unreasonable to expect a company to pay you $5 when they have to pay a fee of $25.

And with the new storj pricing model, snos get paid a lot more than customers pay for the service, because storjlabs promised stable sno prices for 2021.
So sure, you can be disappointed in “how storj started to operate” but I think they are doing everything in their power to keep snos happy (except for going bankrupt for paying $25 for a tiny transaction…). Doesn’t mean everything is awesome but they are trying and some things are just out of their control.

4 Likes