Minimum Threshold for Storage Node Operator Payouts

Please, remove cookies from your browser for the dashboard and restart the storagenode.

just popping in to say that Ive been bringing this thread to folks attention internally today. Some of the people who should be in the conversation are in very far timezones from each other, so Im working to coordinate a response that incorporates the right information from the right people.

What I’ve done as a first step is sift through this thread and pull out items that deserve attention. There are dozens of items, but some of them are repeated. (repetition is fine, it lets me know that a topic is valuable to multiple people)

I have sorted these items into rough ‘buckets’ of things so that my colleagues can make efficient response. Those buckets are specfifc questions, things that are opinions that deserve acknowledgment, things that ar technical and things that are business. Im tagging colleagues here as appropriate, depending on the ‘bucket’ corresponding to their professional role.

14 Likes

Just to confirm, this amount will be aggregated across wallets right? So if I have multiple nodes tied to a single wallet address, when considering whether a payout happens is based on the earned amount of all the nodes - or on a node by node basis?

1 Like

Ill add that to the questions being asked, so you can have an official answer when we post the update. thank you

1 Like

I think its per Node. I would receive 30-40$ in total from several nodes on 1 adress.
But nothing received Till now.
I repeat: An absolutely no go. Very disappointed here.

3 Likes

Can someone explain why Storj isn’t transferring the money directly to my bank account? I’m in Europe, we have Sepa here. All European SNOs can be easily paid with this system. At least give me the option in the dashboard for this. No problems with volatile transaction costs. I would immediately choose for on option without crypto currencies.

5 Likes

@unrealSpeedy I don’t think that the payment is for single Node. The payment is total amount of all nodes with condition that wallet address is egual for all Nodes.

2 Likes

I thought that, too.
But no payment at all :wink:
Maybe the threshold is higher.

But no info how high the gas-price was, what the Limit for a payment was (a fix number not a formular where you didnt know the parameters at the time of payment) :confused:

In My view With behaviour like this you gamble away your reputation/Trust.

3 Likes

The situation is new for everyone in the crypto world.
Please let some time for the StorjLabs team to assess the situation and get back to us with more details!

They have to make sure payments don’t overcost too much, that’s pretty understandable. Otherwise their business plan could be at risk.

4 Likes

Certainly the conditions have changed and the fees have increased extremely. There is also nothing to say against agreeing on a minimum payout. But it can’t be that the framework conditions are changed here unilaterally and you can only read about it here in the forum. What is the notification feature on the dashboard for? It doesn’t affect me because I earned significantly more. Nevertheless, my trust in Storj is damaged by this action and by this course of action. It would have been better to inform about this step in time via the notification function. Also, I wonder if there has even been a minimum amount mentioned in the T&C’s so far?

2 Likes

I get your point, I really do.
But in the other hand I do get the difficult position StorjLabs are in too. Maybe they’re still in a rush to find solutions and understand what’s going and how to react to this unanticipated situation, and they had to make a quick decision for this month’s payments.

This said, I agree that using the notification feature on Nodes’ dashboard would be a good addition to the forum, and maybe once @jocelyn has clarified with her colleagues what needs to be done and how to officially address it, we’ll have a notification by mid-january. That’d be a positive signal :slight_smile:

Let’s be patient. They’re humans too, not machines, give’em time.
So far, StorjLabs has always tried to be fair and understanding, I think.

5 Likes

I have restarted the storagenode, cleared cookies and cache from browser, and tried a different browser but it’s still the same.

If no payout then your amount must have been less than $36.46

@evilburt this is relevant for your post too.

1 Like

im 100% against this. It would devalue Storj token overnight.

3 Likes

Storjlab…

I see the point why you wait with the payout. But it is at the same time not fair eighter. You hold back our earnings to ensure that we stay online (normal hold back). Now you also hold back the payments due “you do not earn enough” and I think that is not right.

It doesn’t make sense to burn ETH for small payments, but the hold back due to low amounts is not fair eighter.

If you hold back our payments, you should compensate us for that - actually you “safe” money for not paying transactions fees. Why dont put an interest on the additional hold back money? 10% extra in STORJ for every month the balanace is hold back for example?

For example: In december I have 10 STORJ that should be paid out (after normal holdback) - in January it will be 11 STORJ that you own me - in February its 12.1 STORJ - In march I reached the payout threshold due to low gas fees and you pay December out worth 14.2. Also take into account all the following months. It would be a compensations for holding back our money.

Give us something for the situation, since it is not our mistake (I see its not eighter yours - but you said you pay monthly and now you don’t) - this will not help STORJ in gaining trust among the stakeholders. I see SNO as stakeholders, they offer something and get compensated for it - so we are part of your business.

Just an Idea

10 Likes

Well I wouldn’t call it completely unanticipated. It’s not the first time eth gas prices are really high and there was already discussion about how to deal with it. but similarily to governments with 2nd and 3rd waves of covid storjlabs was waiting way too long without actually coming up with new solutions even though they had time.
The current eth gas price might be unanticipated high but it was to be expected that high gas prices will remain a problem for the forseeable future. So it would be a rather poor excuse to have been “surprised” by the high gas prices.
Of course I understand the problem of high gas prices and the need for a quick solution in order to prevent network fees being as high (or higher) than the actual payout. Still, it’s a bit sad how it went down.

3 Likes

With 10000 active storagenodes and only paying 500 operators, there are 200 extra nodes today.
So I guess they can do what they want with impunity

2 Likes

it is only part of operators that have 1 node, for example i have 40 from this 10000. so i think operators there is only 1000 to 2000 SNOs

1 Like

Lol. Even 25$ it’s an small quantity to process the payment.

1 Like