New dashboard project for SNO

I have been waiting for 4 days. I changed 28968 port in nginx config. Other nodes are running on standard 28000 and are still not displaying data.

Interesting… I’ll drop you a Message

Hass

Thanks for reporting this back to us.

This was a timeout on the audit file, as for some it takes a while to load so we have increased the timeout limit.

If anyone gets this issue or any other issue - please report back to myself or the thread here.

Regards
Hass

1 Like

mini update

we’ve made this clickable - and is now switching between different monthly data

let us know what you think

i prefer more tiles, 1 tile for total bw, 1 tile for ingres, etc, maybe can be smaller tiles

1 Like

That works for me, since tile space can be used for other things later, however, I would add some kind of icon/pagination to indicate that you can cycle through the tile. Like in the top right: x o o o and when you click it becvomes o x o o.
As right now there is no way of knowing they are clickable without just trying it lol

3 Likes

Little update for windows users

I’ve now finished a version 1, of an integrated windows app where you will not need to keep the CMD window open to keep PHP alive.

https://docs.storjdashboard.com/docs-page#windows-app-install
Download + Install Guide

We have tested this on Win7 + Win10

Let me know if any issues

Cheers

Hass

Is it the same process for having multiple nodes as before? Just add more server configs?

Exactly that , this just keeps it in an app which you can make run on startup also can be minimised to just run in the background

Cheers
Hass

1 Like

i am confused with new app… can anyone provide a step by step guide with pictures?

Has there been any reaction?
The multinode really s*cks as it is:

• Bandwidth graph not always showing
  • Earnings not always showing
  • Terminologiy confusing
  • No sorting
  • Columns missing
  • No IP change possible
  • Missing option to add notes
  • No filtering
  • No storing of data over the month
  • Node age not showing
  • No notifications / alerts
  • Import tedious
  • No friendly satellite names
  • Free space calculation confusing
  • Display error with decimal digits (I think it was regarding distributed amounts)
  • Node deletion terrible slow
  • And probably much much more…

The nodes are the working backbone for your customers data. It should be worth to put some effort into providing a useful app to manage them.

1 Like

It’s quite clear by now that the Storj team currently focuses on customer experience, as opposed to storage nodes. I believe this is a good thing, will lead to more data. Besides, at some point the storage node owners (like @ItsHass here!) ought to take initiative and work towards maintainability of nodes, as they know their own hardware and requirements better than Storj.

2 Likes

I hear you and am relaying your words to the team.
Either I or a team member will return with the latest.

1 Like

Of course it is a good thing.
But I believe it should not be a matter of doing one thing and leaving the other.
I am not asking to shift all developer resources over to the multinode.
But it is a shame that even the most basic functions are either not present or not working or the implementation is terrible.

Here is what my bandwidth graph is looking like for hours now. I don’t know how many times I have already reloaded it:

The nodes is where the customers data live. Without nodes the customers are nothing.

Thank you!

1 Like

I wold like more see API that storagenode operators can get information and make own suitable dashboards than dashboards from Storj Team. not because they make it wrong, but because every person see it on different way. And Storj Team realy need to pay more attention to costumers, at the end of the day, customers pay money that Storj pay to Node operators.

For example audits can by normally seen in api. Online status, any errors.

4 Likes

Without nodes, indeed, but without node operators—not really. Business can’t survive without customers (with some minor exceptions), but for Storj it’s easy to just launch some hundreds of nodes across existing data centers to fill in lack of node operators and wait until they show up.

And given that all bigger node operators who frequent this place have already put a lot of effort into tooling on their own (@ItsHass in this thread, @BrightSilence with calculators and success rate scripts, @Vadim with the Windows toolbox, @greener and @kevink with the Prometheus/Grafana work, likely many others whom I forgot about—sorry!), the multinode dashboard is really less of a priority for the Storj team. Besides, the Storj team is better positioned to work on customer-facing stuff, which is more systematic, than storage node operation, which differs a lot between node operators.

3 Likes

I do not agree to that.

1 Like

Our devs have been spending most of their time recently on improving the frontend product and getting customers so that there is data to store on nodes. We will be getting back to improving the experience for node operators soon! Thank you for your patience and understanding.

12 Likes

That is great to hear, thank you!

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m okay with just more focus for getting people on board - I’d much rather be paid more than have better tools for this. Like yes its inconvenient - but even as is it’s fine, set it up and forget for the most part.

Also gives community the opportunity to step. However, if customers are just absolutely flooding/we hit a point where it just snowballs itself that’s when more love for operator tools from Storj would be sweet.
Just my 2 cents

2 Likes