New node: offline

Is there possibility to choose something else in the line”wan name” - 1_VOIP_internet…

1 Like

Check on your router - in the “Status” tab (top of the page) “WAN Information” (on the left) is IP 45.5.68.15 given somewhere ???

1 Like
  1. Please, check the WAN IP on the status page. If it’s not the same as on yougetsignal, the port forwarding will not work
  2. The DMZ configuration should be empty
  3. The Port trigger configuration should be empty too
  4. In the port mapping configuration the External source port range should be empty, the external port range should be 28967-28967 and internal port range should be 28967-28967 too.
1 Like

There is no other option, there is only 1_VOIP_internet

1. This is the result with: “https://www.whatismyip.com/

2. This is the result with the tab WAN INFORMATION of my router. It is a different IP.

Your(!) router’s IP address is 10.14.0.30 and your ISP router’s IP address is 45.5.68.15 … you are not allowed to manage this 45.5.68.15, and that’s where you need to forward ports …

1 Like

So what should I do?

“They may have just put your connection behind GCN. A lot of ISPs are doing that these days. It’s definitely worth to give them a call and say you need a publicly accessible IP. It doesn’t have to be static. Another forum user gave a tip to say that you want to be able to access your IP camera. That way you don’t have to bother explaining Storj.”

https://forum.storj.io/search?q=ip%20camera

1 Like

Then I will have to wait until September 21 since today is Sunday in my country and the customer service of my ISP does not work.

You configure it for so long, wait until tomorrow :slight_smile: It would be nice to have a second SN in Lima :slight_smile:

P.S. Leave as you have configured on your router as you will get the external IP node should work.

I didn’t have to wait until tomorrow. A few minutes ago I just called my ISP and they told me that for them it is NOT possible to give me a public IP.
In that case, what can I do? Use a VPN like PIA?

Unfortunately, I will not help with VPN :frowning: I know it is possible, but I do not use it … Search the forum (magnifying glass, upper right corner), or ask in a new thread

1 Like

Yes either use a VPN services with port forwarding option (portmap.io, ngrok, PIA, PureVPN, …) or switch the ISP.

1 Like

I would switch the ISP.

a. You will get better results.
b. You will support probably better service provider.

Alexey helpme in this topic please : Node created using PIA (VPN) appears OFFLINE

1 Like

Hi.
One question, did you do the step:
“identity authorize storagenode email:characterstring
when creating node ?

I had exactly the same problem. All ports where good but got the exact same errors and node didn’t come online.

I had forgot the “authorize” step while setting up :smiley:

So after doing this and clearing the data that the node had created, node came online instantly.