Node not starting after docker update

Why just not use windows GUI it dont has docker problems at all

1 Like

Unfortunately I got rid of docker cause it had issues with windows and I switched to GUI

21 posts were split to a new topic: Windows GUI won’t install

https://documentation.storj.io/setup/gui-windows/storage-node

1 Like

Reset doesn’t resolve the issue, I don’t know if I can find and install the previous version of Docker Desktop, because it downloads content from their server during the process.
C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\resources\bin\docker.exe: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint storagenode (fa1ebae94a9b76b32b10c2e555004f1da9979f21cf4015d41850ccf272b418e4): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 192.168.178.2:28967: bind: cannot assign requested address.

Are you setting up the virtual network yourself? If you change it manually in hyper V it always causes issues.

No, I didn’t changed anything myself, I really think Docker update did something wrong. I would just uninstall, reboot, and reinstall I guess now. I also disable the Windows firewall to be sure.

Oh yeah I feel like docker for windows is full of issues… You should also try switching to GUI for windows now.

why you need docker on windows, it like to drive car on bord of other biger car.

It really happened for the first time with this update, but this is a major update for Windows, they made a new GUI too. I suspect they made major changes. On Github, somebody already reported a problem of creating of socket on Windows, that’s bad I think. And nat doesn’t exist anymore.

I guess i made the switch to GUI just in time for all these issues to occur…

Production launch is around the corner so switch to GUI.

15 posts were split to a new topic: Second Windows GUI node

thank you everyone for trying to help me, Alexey connected remotely to my pc and managed to fix it so thank you verry much :stuck_out_tongue: now the node works without crappy docker

What was the issue? f

what was wrong in your pc?

he made some changes here and there and then the gui installer worked just perfgect, on 2 other nodes I had no issue installing the gui

Not a default location for installation and running the installer from the archive

That was gonna be my last resort glad you were able to help him.

Perhaps you should go by windows way:

1. Uninstall the docker desktop
  2. Reboot
  3. Install the docker desktop