Node stopped responding overnight. Still shows OFFLINE after restart

I’m not too sure what happened, but my node stopped running overnight and is now showing “last contact: OFFLINE”. I’ve checked the port forwarding and the dynamic DNS and they are all set up correctly with no IP changes. I’m running node version v0.17.0 as well.

Has there been a change to the network by chance?

Thanks

If you are on Windows try to restart the Docker from the Docker desktop application

I’m using Ubuntu 19.04

Then please, check the list: My Node is OFFLINE for 2 hours

I had already done these troubleshooting steps before creating the ticket except checking the /app/identity folder, however all files are there correctly.

My node was operational since the update to v0.17. I see now that watchtower has upgraded the node to v.0.19. Are there any differences with that version from .17 that could cause the node to stop working after many hours of uptime?

ok, let check it together.

1. WAN IP on the main page of the router. Please, compare it with IP there: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ , they should match
  2. Local IP in the port forwarding rule, it should be the same as IP of your PC with docker
  3. nslookup your.ddns.address 8.8.8.8 should return the same IP as p.1
  4. Firewall. It should have an incoming rule to allow any traffic from the any source to the TCP 28967 port and your PC as a destination. If you have any outgoing rule, then you should create an outgoing rule to allow any traffic from your PC as a source and any host with any port as a destination.
  5. Identity: https://documentation.storj.io/dependencies/identity#confirm-the-identity
docker exec -it storagenode grep -c BEGIN /app/identity/ca.cert
docker exec -it storagenode grep -c BEGIN /app/identity/identity.cert

or Windows GUI (PowerShell)

(sls BEGIN "$env:AppData\Storj\Identity\storagenode\ca.cert").count
(sls BEGIN "$env:AppData\Storj\Identity\storagenode\identity.cert").count

should return 2 and 3 respectively

Yes, i found the problem. My second router had changed it’s IP. It was showing correct this morning even when i checked it, but for some reason, I see the different number now. I’ve changed that IP in the port forwarding and now the node is online.

My apologies