I noticed several discrepancies between the expected payout and the real payout reported by the storagenode gui for august 2020:
- Calculations of Download/Repair and Disk Usage are incorrect (may be due to rounding in calculations or usage of TiB instead of TB but the difference is 2%):
Download: 75.43GB * 20USD/1000GB = 1.5086 USD. earnings calculator rounds to 1.51 USD, node GUI shows 1.48 USD.
Same problem with all other calculations.
- Held back for August is off on saltlake, my node joined 2020-03-21 so in August it was in month 6 and has 50% held amount, so a total of 1.4213USD but gui shows 0.73 USD, which only works if held amount on saltlake was only 25%:
2.7124 USD (saltalke payout) * 0.25 + 0.065 USD (held amount on europe-north) = 0.7431 USD. [Edit: see added information below, data wasn’t from satellite and wrong node age is being used in this case]
And if that’s true, it would be problem 3) because 0.7431 USD is more than 0.73 USD by 1.8%
Now the problems 1 and 3 might looks pretty similar but a difference of 2% in payouts make a big difference for storjlabs. I’m not accusing anyone or complaining about my missing “2 cents” but these are inconsistencies that shouldn’t be there. (Maybe I don’t even miss my 2 cents, I can’t compare that because my payout contains a 4th node that I don’t have anymore… but the calculator and the dashboard are using the same database as a data source so there should be no inconsistency. Whether payout equals the calculator or the dashboard I can’t say)
Problem 2 however looks like a real bug to me.
Edit: So apparently my node didn’t receive the payment information from the satellite when I made this post, now that it did, the dashboard looks differently:
So the data for the last month used the node age from the current month to caculate the held amount and therefore used 25% instead of the 50% it should have been during August.
Interestingly the satellite says that my node got more bandwidth usage than my node reported, leading to a higher payout than the earnings calculator and the dashboard before payment showed.
Strangely the calculations for Download and Repair are now correct and slightly rounded up, while the calculation for Disk Usage is still off by 1.5%:
Download: 76.4GB x 20$/1000GB = 1.528 USD (dashboard says 1.53 USD)
Repair: 123.7GB x 10$/1000GB = 1.237 USD (dashboard says 1.24 USD)
Disk Average: 810.27GBm x 1.5$/1000GBm = 1.215 USD (dashboard says 1.20 USD)
Total payout is 2.53 USD from dashboard satellite data and 2.52 USD according to earnings calculator, so the difference of 0.4% is due to rounding, however the Disk Average is still calculated wrongly, which would make the difference of payout almost 1%, which is then not correct anymore either.